CD-2 75000 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this at the local Big-Lots when I was searching for the other CD-2 Street Legal add (pink bottle). Does anyone know whats in this? I can't seem to find any useful information from the Turtle Wax site. This goes for $1.50 at Big-Lots.

- Converts conventional motor oil into High Mileage Oil.
- Protects engine parts from wear and reduces oil consumption.
- Increases oil viscosity at high operating temperatures.
- Adds all the benefits of a high mileage motor oil to protect older vehicles.
- Offers convenience and cost savings.

I got a very cheap oil change at a local chevy shop recently on my 3.8 V-6 which has a 138k miles on it. I'm sure it was 10w30 Dino so I bought and added some of the CD-2 75,000 Plus to the change. With about 500 miles on the oil, the car runs very quiet, smooth with no negative effects (gas mileage hasn't suffered). So far so good.

Hmmmmm, sounds like interesting stuff. Might have to hit Big Lots and check it out.

Was it pretty thick when you shook the bottle? (Of course you shook the bottle, all BITOG folks shake oil bottles, especially when it's a new product.)

Why don't you email them and ask the zinc, phosphorus, moly, etc levels and viscosity. They gave me quick answers for this on the Oil Boost stuff.

Very nice. Should also ask them also if it has seal conditioners. My motorhome is leaking and a bottle of this stuff might be just the ticket as I don't want to thicken the 10w30 that is in there (already runs 60-65 psi hot at road speed).

EDIT: Okay, just emailed them:
quote:

Is the product "CD-2 75000 Plus" new?

Does it has seal conditioners that may help stop leaks?

Also, what levels of zinc, phosphorous, moly, etc are in this product?

And finally, what is the 100C viscosity?

TallPaul,

Did you get a reply yet? I am anxious to try this out but don't want to use it (or too much of it) if it is going to adversely affect the oil.

On a side note, I went back to Big Lots last night and it looks like they re-stocked on the CD-2 stuff... In fact the whole shelf is full of Turtle Wax products. Looks like Big Lots stores are turning into Turtle Wax outlets.

well, here is what I got out of them. Seems like a pretty generic answer (basically throwing back what I tossed at them)... I guess I would be happy if it behaves similarly to the pink bottle. The level of each additive is unknown, so hopefully TallPaul is a little more successful in getting this information. Since it is no longer being sold elsewhere, time to stock up.

Thank you for your interest in our CD-2 75000 Plus Motor Additive. As you may know, this product is no longer available. The product was designed to convert regular motor oil into high mileage motor oil. High mileage motor oils contain higher levels of zinc and phosphorous, viscosity improvers and seal conditioners. Our product did not contain moly. Older cars need the increase zinc and phosphorous to minimize engine wear. The seal conditioner keeps older seal soft and prevents micro-cracking. Our product will not cause any harm or damage to your engine. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Just got 4 bottles for $1.50 each at my Big Lots. Didn't realize they were discontinued or I would have grabbed the rest!
pat.gif

Hey, there's a warning on the bottle saying never use more than one per OCI. Wonder why? High ester content? High ZDDP? Or just too much of a change in visc.
crushedcar.gif
grin.gif

I was just at the local Big Lots yesterday and it looks like they restocked the shelf with more Street Legal and 75k+. They seem to restock every month or two so I wouldn't be too worried about running out. That said, I now have 10 Street Legal bottles and 12 75k+. I am well-stocked for the next couple changes.

OKAY! I got a response!!!!! Not bad! Could live without VII's, but....hmmm.....

quote:

Dear Mr. Cockrell:

Thank you for your interest in our CD-2 75,000 Plus Oil Converter, Stock No. 4275. In response to your question, this product contains a complete SJ additive package in addition to increased levels of ZDDP, and calcium based detergents. This product also has additional levels of an improved viscosity modifier that helps maintain the viscosity of the oil under high temperature and running conditions. The actual levels of each additive are proprietary. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

CD-2 Company
Richard P. Kelly
Technical Manager, Performance Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back