Catco Catalytic Converters - Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The owner of the exhaust/muffler shop that I go to says he doesn't care for Catco--that he actually refuses to install them on customer cars because he had bad experiences with their build quality. I don't know how recent his experience was. At the time, I was asking him about my options for an older BMW. I had the choice of Catco or DEC. He was fine with installing DEC if I brought it in, and he installs Magnaflows as well.

It does sound like all are high flow: (good prices at summit racing)

Catco Universal Catalytic Converters

Get great performance and stay emissions-legal.

You have to use a catalytic converter anyhow. So why not use one that's going to last a long time and maintain your vehicle's performance level at the same time? Catco universal catalytic converters not only out-flow stock converters, but they also offer great features. Those features include aluminized-steel heat shields (many have dual shields), 409 stainless steel shells, 16-gauge stainless steel pipes and nipples, and a heat-resistant sealed mat, all of which help the converter last longer. These converters are designed for a universal fit, so you can add them to any vehicle that wasn't originally equipped with converters. Many have steel air tubes with numerous perforations to help distribute the airflow evenly, without robbing power. Most have slip-fit connections for easy installation.

I have a hi-flow catco with no problems on my car (~3 years so far). The monkeys at the exhuast shop managed to get the arrow pointing the wrong way on installation. I noticed it months later. Called the catco tech line and they said I was fine since my engine is on the smaller end of the application for that size cat. Passed emissions very easily last time, with the cat facing the wrong way!

The hi-flow catco also made my exhaust deeper/louder, which I was hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back