Casual Walking Shoes

I usually only wear boots. But when I do wear shoes it’s usually New Balance they tend to work best for me in shoes and I usually can’t afford expensive shoes. I wear a size 12-12.5 so that makes them even more expensive.

You might consider Ecco. They’re the most comfortable shoes I own and wear very well. They’ve been been an excellent value.

I like my Hush Puppies model Gus. They are very light weight and very comfortable. I walk a couple of miles almost every day on an asphalt road if it is not raining and the temperature is above 50 F, and I have a bad lower back and a bad upper back, and a bad lower left leg. There are some days that the upper back limits the amount of walking I can do.

If style is low on the list. If comfort is priority number one. Skechers relaxed fit memory foam insoles. They do not look nice but every step is like stepping on clouds. I am a cowboy boot wearer but have a few pairs of Skechers. I love them

Don

I have a pair of patent leather oxfords for dress. I wear LL Bean moccasins or Carolina crepe soled boots. I prefer wool socks to thinsulate or Goretex lined footwear. The classic way to have dry shoes is to have 2 pair. My feet are 10 1/2 eee using 2 pr wool boot socks. My feet like room swaddled in 3/8 of compressed wool. Winter and summer, insulated boots soaked my feet in sweat, then they got cold, or at least clammy.Bad gear for a shipyard. When I went inside later on, I wore the glorified leather sneakers for network building and later driving. Gonna check out Sketchers and Ecco because I'm cobbling on the mocs :cool:

Amen to wearing wool socks and the better quality socks, pricier though they may be, are worth their weight in gold. For my needs, I don’t wear any insulated footwear unless I’ll be stationary for long periods of time such as in a tree stand.

Rockports by the way.

You should go to a specialized running store if you want a professional opinion. Everybody is different and prefers certain things. Me, I like 0-drop or near 0 drop shoes that are lightweight and flexible but my criteria would kill anybody's legs that aren't used to that. A lot of people like higher-drop shoes.

I personally like Nike Free's shoes. The couple pair I've had were by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever had and I use them for everything except hiking.

You might consider Ecco. They’re the most comfortable shoes I own and wear very well. They’ve been been an excellent value.

Another vote for Ecco. I started with a pair of their golf shoes that out of the box were more comfortable than your favorite slippers. My 1st pair of Ecco athletic shoes lasted about 7 years before I spilled paint on them and retired them - they were still like new. With the exception of my safety shoes for work and my slippers, every pair of shoes I own are Ecco; multiple pairs of golf and athletic, dress, casual and sandals.

Not the cheapest shoe, so I only purchase when 6pm.com or zappos.com have pairs on sale.

Back