Castrol Transmax Import MV in 2009 Accord LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done with first drain & fill of the Castrol. I had Honda DW-1 in there for the last year. I hated the downshifting and sloppy gear hunting with the Honda fluid. Heard good things about the Castrol stuff on this forum. All I can say is, WOW! Now that's how my transmission is supposed to shift! I still have 6 more quarts of Castrol to go in. I don't know if I want to swap it out quickly, or over the next few weeks. I got it at Advance online for $4.00 a quart! I will admit I was nervous about putting non Honda atf in, but it really is shifting better now. I just put 11 total miles on it driving around town stop and go. Then jumped on the highway for about 5 of those miles. Anyway, I hope this helps some of you Honda owners with Z1 transmissions out. Worked for me.

Last edited:
Castrol ATF is great stuff, but the bottles are thick and black and don't have a clear window!
mad.gif

That's why Maxlife is better, or even the Peak Synthetic ATF they have at AAP now.

Castrol IMV is a syn blend, but they do also have a full synthetic version, which is also great, and also the same price as the IMV blend.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

Castrol IMV is a syn blend, but they do also have a full synthetic version, which is also great, and also the same price as the IMV blend.

Where did you see that Castrol IMV is a synthetic blend?
I was positive it is a dino only product.

I've never seen anything indicating that IMV is a syn blend, but it's a great fluid regardless.

I'm too much of a wuss to try out multi-vehicle ATF in Hondas, considering how fickle they are.

To rsleblanc: Was this your first fluid refreshment on the '09?
In any regard, how many miles on the DW-1?

Being a 2009 your car never saw Z-1 as it was superseded by DW-1 in 2007.

Very happy you now have "transmission joy". Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira

Being a 2009 your car never saw Z-1 as it was superseded by DW-1 in 2007.

2011 is when they made the switch. I changed the ATF on an 08 Civic, manual said Z1. I used Castrol Full Synthetic ATF.

I bought the car used with 50k on the odometer in January of 2014. Did 3 drain and fills with dw-1 in the spring. After a few months went by I did another d&f. I was lucky the owners manual was still with the car. It said to fill with Z-1 fluid. I now have 58k on the odometer. I went with the Castrol because I read a post from another member that IMV is closer to the Z-1 thickness than DW-1. I know it will also sheer down faster than Maxlife, so my plan going forward is to do one d&f a year. I only do about 6k a year. This should keep the fluid nice and clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back