Castrol Import Multi Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I drained my FF at about 15k miles and filled the AT with Castrol IMV ATF. I had that fluid until 50K mark, I believe I did two partial drains of 3 quarts each. The trans shifted just like new all that time.

My AT is now filled with Petro Canada only because I got it cheaper than Castrol.

I agree Kris! This '06 Mazda3 shifts better and more responsivly(like new) than any vehicle in our family and you can barely feel any of the shifts. If I weren't looking at the digital display on the dash, I would know the tranny was up or down shifting. The M3 drivetrain uses the tranny nicely to make it's power.

My wifes '01 Lexus RX shifts lazily especially from 1-2 and feels lethargic the remaining time. And the '04 Altima 2.5 shifts more firm but, never harsh...It's actually my favorite car to drive all the time.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I drained my FF at about 15k miles and filled the AT with Castrol IMV ATF. I had that fluid until 50K mark, I believe I did two partial drains of 3 quarts each. The trans shifted just like new all that time.

My AT is now filled with Petro Canada only because I got it cheaper than Castrol.

I agree Kris! This '06 Mazda3 shifts better and more responsivly(like new) than any vehicle in our family and you can barely feel any of the shifts. If I weren't looking at the digital display on the dash, I would know the tranny was up or down shifting. The M3 drivetrain uses the tranny nicely to make it's power.

My wifes '01 Lexus RX shifts lazily especially from 1-2 and feels lethargic the remaining time. And the '04 Altima 2.5 shifts more firm but, never harsh...It's actually my favorite car to drive all the time.

My 01 was the same way! And only the Wolf`s Head, and the Castrol atf fluid made it shift much better.

Lex,
I may have to try the Wolf's Head as the Castrol IMV hasn't changed anything with the RX!

And then clear the ecm. Helps it to re learn faster.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Lex,
I may have to try the Wolf's Head as the Castrol IMV hasn't changed anything with the RX!

I have cleared the ECM more times than I can count(LOL)
smile.gif
For each time I preformed maintenance on the vehicle that required a battery disconnect and for ecah time I replaced the 02, A/F sensors, and I can't even count how many times that I have D&F'd the ATF. And the tranny still shifts the same as always. The only time that the tranny shifted the way it was supposed to(creamy smooth) was when it was a new vehicle.

I know that you and I have discussed this subject in the past.
smile.gif

Lex,

smile.gif
For each time I preformed maintenance on the vehicle that required a battery disconnect and for ecah time I replaced the 02, A/F sensors, and I can't even count how many times that I have D&F'd the ATF. And the tranny still shifts the same as always. The only time that the tranny shifted the way it was supposed to(creamy smooth) was when it was a new vehicle.

smile.gif

It makes a difference in mine, maybe on some it just doesnt.

Lex,

smile.gif

smile.gif

It makes a difference in mine, maybe on some it just doesnt.

Yeah, I'm thinkin' that too! :\

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: caravanmike
i have used it in a 04 hyundai santa fe with excellent results!

Do you mind me asking how many miles you have on this fluid in your Santa Fe? Are you still happy with the Castrol?

20,000 on the fluid and know problems. i will probably drain and fill it soon.

when i reset my adaptive memory i not only disconnected the battery i touched the two disconnected cables together to reset the adaptive (discharge any stored capacitors). it shifted totally different (for the better).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back