Castrol HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a little weeping from front valve cover in my Camry which Maxlife had no effect on. Decided to try Castrol Hm 5w30 and after 100 miles it was gone. What's in this stuff?

I'm interested as well. I started getting a leak on my exhaust valve cover. I was told it used an rtv gasket and an HM oil wouldn't have an effect,but I'm still thinking of trying it.

Originally Posted By: motts
I went thr Rtv 205 route....nothing!

What's rtv 205? Is it a stop leak additive?

I ran it a good bit for a while before it changed to "Resource Conserving" something like 3 straight OCI's in the Jeep plus some random ones in other vehicles. Ran very quiet and I could actually see a little visible cleaning through 2 different fill holes with it.

I don't know why any of that happened cause the add pack on paper was nothing to get excited about, maybe there are invisible goodies in it. My only UOA on it was disappointing and they went "Resource Conserving" anyway so I haven't used it since.

There were several other factors working in the UOA though, too much to go into here, so I don't blame the oil.

How many other Castrol GTX High Mileage users here,or who have tried it?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
How many other Castrol GTX High Mileage users here,or who have tried it?

I've used it in a 91' & 96'Jeep Cherokee 4.0L, an 02' Chevy Trailblazer 4.2L, an 03' Buick Rendezvous 3.4L, and a '96 Chevy Silverado 5.7L. All of them loved it and ran great. Switched to Maxlife in the Chevy 5.7L and it was noticeably louder, kinda noisy on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back