Fuel negative

Antifreeze negative

Soot 0

Oxidation 17 scale 0-199 divide by 2 to compare ,very low

Nitration 27 scale 0-199 divide by 2 to compare ,very low

Sulfur 34 fuel, not a key value,compare to later results

TBN 5

vis@100C 11.7 30w

Final Comments: Trevor, very good results . No comment indicates a normal reading. Let me know if you have any issues with GM engine “knock” especially as the copper drops. Very clean burning engine based on low OXD and NOX. Contact me for any clarification or questions.

Pretty good results! Looks better than the recently posted results on 10w30 Syntec!

It's nice to see it doesn't thin out, and the oxidation, nitration and TBN are pretty good.

It also goes to show that the 3k interval is a breeze, this oil should easily make it to 5k.

I also notice a good bit of sulfur. I had similar sulfur results in my Impala. Dallas uses reformulated gas doesn't it? I wonder if this is just part of the RFG additive package, though it seem like that would not be the case as sulfur is bad for cats. Hmm....

I'm very pleased to see how well it held its viscosity. I was surprised to see it at the upper end of a 30-wt. oil. If I wasn't getting such a hookup on Redline I would've definitely gone back with Castrol and tried 4,000 miles. We'll see how the Redline 5w-30 looks after 5,000 miles. FYI, I could only get my hands on 5w-30 when I changed my oil. I normally run 10w-30.

I'm almost positive that Dallas as reformulated gas.

BTW, I've had a K&N air filter on my truck for quite a while. The K&N's on my car and truck both seem to be filtering well.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Trevor D:
BTW, I've had a K&N air filter on my truck for quite a while. The K&N's on my car and truck both seem to be filtering well.
smile.gif

Just don't clean them too often. I see people cleaning them every six months, and these
filters stop more dirt when they are dirty. It'll be interesting to see if your silicon level goes
down on the next analysis (if you don't clean the K&N that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back