Castrol euro 5/30 a3/b4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
How would you guys think this Pennzoil 5w30 Euro L C3 fits into the scheme things?

It's mid SAPs catalyst compatible.

Yeah, what about this stuff? Actually, there are 3 different versions of Pennzoil EURO Plat 5w30. Curious if I could "sneak" one of these into a Ford EcoBoost or use in a Subaru Turbo when the supply of Castrol 0w30 A3B4 dries up.

And then there is a synthetic Valvoline or 2 with a C3 rating.

Originally Posted by Impatient
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
How would you guys think this Pennzoil 5w30 Euro L C3 fits into the scheme things?

It's mid SAPs catalyst compatible.

Yeah, what about this stuff? Actually, there are 3 different versions of Pennzoil EURO Plat 5w30. Curious if I could "sneak" one of these into a Ford EcoBoost or use in a Subaru Turbo when the supply of Castrol 0w30 A3B4 dries up.

And then there is a synthetic Valvoline or 2 with a C3 rating.

I would avoid PP Euro L in fuel diluting oil. Castrol 0W30 is step or two above that oil.
Take into consideration that Castrol 0W40 is only around 7% thicker than Castrol 0W30 or PP Euro L. Going with Castrol 0W40 does not mean you are going with significantly thicker oil.

Edy, I would be more than happy to try Castrol 0w30 Euro in my Ecoboost, as long as I can get it, but I don't know what Ford would say about it. It's under warranty. That said, I don't know enough about oils to say if it would be good for the Ford or not...but the Ford has considerable dilution, a high Pb reading, and probably some filthy intake valves...and might even be prone to LSPI.

Originally Posted by Impatient
Edy, I would be more than happy to try Castrol 0w30 Euro in my Ecoboost, as long as I can get it, but I don't know what Ford would say about it. It's under warranty. That said, I don't know enough about oils to say if it would be good for the Ford or not...but the Ford has considerable dilution, a high Pb reading, and probably some filthy intake valves...and might even be prone to LSPI.

Does Ford recommends 5W30 in general or it has to meet certain Ford specification?

Edy, They have a spec: Wss-m2c946-a. The PUP bottle label claims to "exceed" it, as well as others. PP also meets it, as well as newer 946-b spec...which in somewhat akin to SN+ / Dexos1g2.

I doubt you'll find those Ford specs on any Euro style oil bottle or PDS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back