Castrol Edge 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used my $10 Advance Auto coupon on 6 quarts of Castrol Edge 5w30 which came to $30 out of my pocket. The Castrol Syntec was priced at 6.99 and the Edge was 6.59 per quart. I figured this would be the time to try it out since I had the coupon. Anyway, lets hope it was a decent purchase for the Summer heat.

Going 8K on a run of Edge. This will be my first UOA when I'm done. I'll post it when it comes back.

FYI, the price of EDGE just dropped literally overnight at our local Walmart from $32 for a 5 qt jug to $26. That puts it almost on the playing field with the others.

It's not even available at our Walmarts up here from what I have read and from the stores I have seen.

Will have to check out Michigan Walmarts when I'm in Windsor next week.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ericthepig
5w30 Edge visc specs -

40degC 54.17
100degC 9.8

That's getting down near 5w20 territory. Starting to brood on this in earnest for my Mazda.

My Tacoma is back spec'd for 5w20 so I feel comfortable with a thin 5w30 in dino or syn.

Both my '07s specify 5W-20, and I run a thin 5W-30 in them (Havoline DS). They love it. Interested to hear how the Edge works out for you.

Originally Posted By: Jason Adcock
Both my '07s specify 5W-20, and I run a thin 5W-30 in them (Havoline DS). They love it. Interested to hear how the Edge works out for you.

I've used the DS 5w30 as well and the 4.0L like it. I cruised 50 miles into work this morning at 75 mph and she was nice and quiet. Only time will tell.

I just saw Edge at my Walmart "rolled back" to $26.50, just $0.50 more than Mobil 1 EP. If Castrol had done that up front they would have been a lot better off.

This oil is perfect for my '06 tC. It can handle either 20 or 30 weight oils. I'm gonna drop a can of BG 44K in my tank, and after I use up the gasoline I will do an oil change. Going for a 5K OCI (still under warranty).

Yeah, I cannot find it in my Walmart down here in Southern MD. Waldorf to be specific. It seems like it was a flash in the pan!! It was too expensive to begin with. If it had been reasonably priced in the beginning I would have given it a try. But since they didn't...

cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back