Purchased Discounted Castrol Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reading past posts, I still have not figured out if Castrol Edge is any better than other Castrols (GC) or other brands.
Has anyone figured out yet if it is a Group IV or Group III?

I found some on sale at $4.99 a quart (regular $6.99) so I could not help myself and purchased 7 quarts. I could have gotten more, but decided to let others have a chance.

My local Wally only carries Castrol GTX and Syntec.

The only place I found Edge is AAP at $7.49/qt. -- "No Deal", even with the rebate and $5 off coupon.

Yes, WalMart has 5 qt jugs for $19.50. Also, AAP had it on sale last month for $24.99 for 5 qts and a Pure One filter. With the $10 coupon that made it 14.99 before tax, although I believe I remember that they added on the tax before they took off the coupon discount. If you look around you will find good deals. I put it in both my vehicles a few weeks ago as my winter fill. So far so good.

Walmart has 5qt jugs for $19.50 and there is a $10 rebate on the Castrol site= $9.50/5 qts. I bought 2.

You need to check the product rebate threads on this forum. My average cost for my 300 qt stash is now under $2/qt.

Last edited:
The Walmart price unfortunately depends on location. The 3 Walmarts in my area never dropped the price and it's still $26.50 for it.

Originally Posted By: PT1

You need to check the product rebate threads on this forum. My average cost for my 300 qt stash is now under $2/qt.

I had completely forgotten about the rebate. Whenever I get mine back in the mail, it will have made my purchase absolutely free.

Originally Posted By: Antony
The Walmart price unfortunately depends on location. The 3 Walmarts in my area never dropped the price and it's still $26.50 for it.

Sorry man, I sometimes forget that not all WalMart stores follow the same pricing policies. But I'm still confident that if you look around, you will find some decent deals.

Originally Posted By: OilNerd
Where did you find it for $4.99/qt?

OilNerd,

I got it at the Navy Exchange in Orlando.

I don't often shop at the NEX. Although I don't pay state sales tax at the NEX, I use fuel to drive 30 miles one way, plus those darn Orlando Toll Roads also cost. Just not worth it to go for just one or two items. In this case, we went to buy Christmas gifts, so we spent a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back