Castor oil solvency and seperation

I cant seem to get "pale pressed" castor oil to dissolve. It seperates in 100LL fair quickly after mixing. Ive tried heating it up and mixing with kerosene or minieral spirits first, but those seperate as well. I got it to dissolve in toluene but when mixxing that pre-mixture with 100LL it separates again. Help?!

Some things never change. Back in the day, castor oil was the hot ticket in 2 stroke dirt bikes and shake it up before using was the rule.
Fast foward 50 years... I still shake 2 stroke gas containers before filling chainsaws and dirt bikes.

I have not experienced separation when mixed with regular pump gasoline and stored at temperatures about 50ºF. My experience has only been with Klotz BeNol and Blendzall Racing Castor. I have mixed with 100LL on only a few occasions but I may have not paid enough attention. I also do the shake before filling and never had any sort of failure other than the common stuck piston rings.

Possibly try the Klotz or Blendzall and see if you get the same results.

I have not experienced separation when mixed with regular pump gasoline and stored at temperatures about 50ºF. My experience has only been with Klotz BeNol and Blendzall Racing Castor. I have mixed with 100LL on only a few occasions but I may have not paid enough attention. I also do the shake before filling and never had any sort of failure other than the common stuck piston rings.

Possibly try the Klotz or Blendzall and see if you get the same results.
Supertechniplate seperates in 100LL as well but not in the tank, but when it atomizes coming out of the e-tube.

Back