Carwell Rustproofing Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Carwell is either the manufacturer or the US distributer of the products known as T-40 and T-32 as sold by Krown in Canada. Carwell is in NY state, and has at least two shops doing rustproofing.

I gave them a call and bought a gallon of T32 and a gallon of T40, as well as their spray gun. I have the door panels off of my 82 MB, so I figured it was a good chance to get some new rustproofing in there.

I was always under the impression that Krown was lanolin-based, but it is not. Im also surprised to see that sulfur oxides come off of this product when heated/burned. Still, the results speak for themselves.

So it is easy to get "Krown" products to DIY here in the USA.

9c9946a8.jpg

77685a92.jpg

Ahh! I wish I had an air compressor! Otherwise I'd be all over this stuff!

How much for all in the pictures?

I think I could make that paint sprayer! Just need some parts from home depot, a thermos, and an hour at the Mori Machine shop!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I think I could make that paint sprayer! Just need some parts from home depot, a thermos, and an hour at the Mori Machine shop!
wink.gif

yeah those spray bottles arent that complex and do cost a $$$.

Total was about $250. The fluids were about $50/gal.

Equivalent sprayer on eastwood (maybe slightly nicer but likely chinese made) is $200!!!!

I guess that price isn't so bad since you can apply it to other cars and again every coupe years. I would be interested in seeing any pictures of it being applied to the car later on.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
I guess that price isn't so bad since you can apply it to other cars and again every coupe years. I would be interested in seeing any pictures of it being applied to the car later on.

I dont know if youll see much...

The panels in the 82 MB, sure, but the other cars will just get in various plugs or other areas of interest...

I was thinking you were going to coat the whole underbody and wheel wells lol. I'm just curious what it would looks like on metal parts. Mostly all you see around here is black sticky Ziebart, not really a fan of it.

when I got my saab krowned, other than the spots where it dripped from openings, you wouldnt know it was there. I did find a small pool of it in my spare tire wheelwell, but it doesnt look like much. Its not a hard wax like waxoyl, eastwood, Amsoil HDMP, etc.

Maybe not but they are what they are. Look at the similar one on the Eastwood site, $$$.

IMO they are different and more capable than a standard undercoating gun.

The winter is fast approaching. I need to do my 93 Suburban soon. How do the Carwell products compare with Fluid Film? The Fluid Film spray guy is a lot less money.

The FF is cheaper by far. I'm not sure how it would stack up in the durability department, but the Carwell stuff would likely be more durable. At least going by all the Krown reports on here.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Fluid film is $49.50/gal. I paid $45/gal for carwell.

Ahh, so the gun was the big expense here. $100 for a spray gun is pricey, and not as much as another car.

So which product (T32 or T40) goes where?

Is it feasible to use their hand spray bottle if I am not doing any cavities (not yet)?

What about using the FF spray gun?

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Fluid film is $49.50/gal. I paid $45/gal for carwell.

Ahh, so the gun was the big expense here. $100 for a spray gun is pricey, and not as much as another car.

As I mentioned before, the eastwood one is even more, like $200!

Originally Posted By: Donald
So which product (T32 or T40) goes where?

Is it feasible to use their hand spray bottle if I am not doing any cavities (not yet)?

What about using the FF spray gun?

T32 (aka cp900) is the thinner of the two and is used in cavities where it will creep more.

T40 is more viscous and will hang on things like frames better, while still having the ability to creep and self-heal.

Neither dry hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back