Cartridge oil filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LC

In my area I can only find the Purolator PL15505 filter for my 2006 2.3 Mercury.
I checked on the K&N site and the Amsoil site hope they would make a cartridge filter but no luck. I did see Wix has one #57203.
Any of you Amsoil guys have any info if they will be coming out with a cartridge filter?
I can get the parts to convert to a spin on but dealer said it would void the warranty.
pat.gif

Why worry? With a "P" in front of that number ..you've got one of the best available filters for a reasonable cost.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=003860

I'm never going to ever buy the PL15505 again. Try the L15505!

Use the OEM filter from the Mercury, Ford, or Mazda dealer. Or, try the Wix from Napa or Carquest.
STP and Fram also have filters. Try other autoparts stores.

Don't worry about the warranty. The engine has very boring UOA's and IMO is the best thing from Mazdaford in years. Ford and Mazda use it in the 3, 5, 6, Cx7, Miata, Escape, Tribute, Ranger, B truck, Focus, Milan, Fusion........versions with/without turbos, with/without VVT, with/without balance shafts, with/without oil coolers, and in 2.0/2.3L in the US market.

Don't worry about a canister conversion if thats whay you want to do.

Well I have a PL15505 in the car now. I will see what it looks like when I change the oil in the next couple weeks. I did notice while the car is running, while placing my hand on the housing that you can feel it pulsating.

That is the same filter the Mazda's use. Many Mazda dealerships have the OEM for under $6. Here are some others for you:

wix 57203
napa 7203
fram ch9641
baldwin p7313
motorcraft FL2017B
purolator pureONE PL15505
Purolator Premium Plus L15505
AC Delco PF1703
Hastings LF594
Beck Arnley 041-0814
Any Champ Labs Made filter P960
Valvoline V080
Carquest carries one, but i think it is just the Wix.

Try amazon.com for some decent prices if you cant find anything near you.

I have a 6 and have used the OEM filters, Wix, PureOne and STP (PureOne and STP due mainly to a caught in the middle of the oil change on a Sunday and needed to get a filter fast). Of all of them, I fear the STP the most - it didn't seem to fit quite right (slid into the housing without any force). It's on right now, but just didn't seem right. Wish I could find Motorcrafts - since thats the oil I am using it will make me feel warm and fuzzy
wink.gif
, but I bet it is OEM.

quote:

Originally posted by dwmcqueen:

quote:

Originally posted by Shatto:
LC,
Check www.amsoil.com for the new Ea filters. They have new stuff recently.

Amsoil only has a Wix filter - and overpriced, in my opinion since my local O'Reilly's sells it for a few dollars less.

That's just what I was thinking when I saw his post.
dude, shatto, quit "selling" amsoil, it's not working for you.
great screenname, btw, it suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back