Cars with multiple tire pressures listed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I choose my pressures based on what feels good, wears the tires evenly and provides good grip. Especially in the snow, it takes some playing around with the pressures to find what works best (every tire is a little different, even in the same size).

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: Miller88
I always run the max on the sidewall

Why the heck would you do that? That's the maximum for the TIRE, not the recommended pressure set by the manufacturer of the VEHICLE.

Two very different things......

Why wouldn't I do it? I've never had any tire wear caused by tires run at the max, never had a blow out and never shredded a tire.

The manufacturers go for comfort.

I do run my Jeep tires at 15 off road. However, i inflate them to 45 for driving down the road. At 60-80 the jeep starts to bounce

The spec on the tire is for the maximum weight the tire can handle, not the vehicle it is being fitted to.

The manufacturer spec is set for a combination of ride quality, traction and proper wear characteristics.

I should specify that the fronts I generally run at the max on the sidewall. I figure a front drive car is going to wear it's tires funny anyway and it dosn't matter.

The rears I run between the recommended and max. there's very little weight on the back of both of my vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back