Cars 5 years old or less Roll Call

2021 Dodge Challenger SXT PLUS AWD

Attachments

• IMG_1379.jpeg
    IMG_1379.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 12
I am wondering if there are any additional newer car owners? I know we are relatively small number here on this forum.

Remember this is BITOG, where old cars go to DIE!
Thank you for quoting my "original tag"! It looks like there are fewer newer car owners than I thought. Might get a few more chime in over the weekend. But-it's basically easy to see why there is so many posts coming out against new cars, new car tech and the like. When you consider what the forum members on here drive-explains a lot!

Thank you for quoting my "original tag"! It looks like there are fewer newer car owners than I thought. Might get a few more chime in over the weekend. But-it's basically easy to see why there is so many posts coming out against new cars, new car tech and the like. When you consider what the forum members on here drive-explains a lot!

We ain't liking any of that new fangled stuff in our vehicles. BITOG folks are the Amish of vehicle ownership. :cool:

(No offense to any Amish viewing this, but then again what are you doing on the internet? Seems out of character.)

Maybe because a lot of people don't want to waste their money on one of the worst financial purchases you can make. All the new tech has made cars less reliable and way more expensive to fix if you are out of warranty. Not everyone can afford to buy a new vehicle every few years or even a fairly new used vehicle these days.

Some of us see no reason to get rid of an older well taken care of vehicle that has no issues. I like spending my money on my other hobbies instead of buying a new or used car every few years.

Maybe because a lot of people don't want to waste their money on one of the worst financial purchases you can make. All the new tech has made cars less reliable and way more expensive to fix if you are out of warranty. Not everyone can afford to buy a new vehicle every few years or even a fairly new used vehicle these days.

Some of us see no reason to get rid of an older well taken care of vehicle that has no issues. I like spending my money on my other hobbies instead of buying a new or used car every few years.
Why don't you start your own "new car bashing thead"......

The post about "Beer Consumption" has over 145 pages. So -I guess it's what one chooses to spend money on.

I have two 16 year old vehicles and also two 17 year old vehicles,
and I plan to keep all 4 of them for 12 more years (until the OEM and aftermarket parts availability dries up).
But I have no car loans, no debt, and actually really like the vehicles LOL. They are great on long trips.

I drove beaters, then moved up to strippie Toyletta pickups until I paid off my house. Now I buy whatever I want.

Cool story
IMG_7532.jpeg

Since the age of 16 my automotive mantra has been "No boring cars!" I own both older and newer cars but having said all that, life is far too short to be subjected to a self imposed vehicular purgatory.
Our minivan will be the last boring car we own.

One can argue a crew cab short bed truck is “boring” but I can’t hear their arguments over the sound of my HEMI so they’re irrelevant.

I have two 16 year old vehicles and also two 17 year old vehicles,
and I plan to keep all 4 of them for 12 more years (until the OEM and aftermarket parts availability dries up).
But I have no car loans, no debt, and actually really like the vehicles LOL. They are great on long trips.
Bill..do you live East of the Mississippi? Yes-there is a reason I'm asking.

Why don't you start your own "new car bashing thead"......

The post about "Beer Consumption" has over 145 pages. So -I guess it's what one chooses to spend money on.

LOL. Why don't you take your condescending and know it all attitude and get some counseling for it. Your responses to most threads are negative in nature and you seem to like putting people down. I guess it makes you feel better about yourself or something.

You complain all of the time about people posting about keeping older cars running or people not wanting to buy new ones yet you seem to keep reading those threads and making snide comments in them. If you don't like these subjects, scroll on by. Why that stuff even bothers you is beyond me. How does it affect you in any way?

Why you bring up the Beer consumption thread in your response to me is a mystery. I don't even drink.

LOL. Why don't you take your condescending and know it all attitude and get some counseling for it. Your responses to most threads are negative in nature and you seem to like putting people down. I guess it makes you feel better about yourself or something.

You complain all of the time about people posting about keeping older cars running or people not wanting to buy new ones yet you seem to keep reading those threads and making snide comments in them. If you don't like these subjects, scroll on by. Why that stuff even bothers you is beyond me. How does it affect you in any way?

Why you bring up the Beer consumption thread in your response to me is a mystery. I don't even drink.
If you don't like my threads nor responses I hear the "BLOCK" feature works well on this forum. You are the one who felt compelled to comment on "THIS THREAD" (for some reason) that's NOT APPLICABLE TO YOU" Have a nice life dude!

Back