CARQUEST "RED" R84060, 8,200K CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Advance Auto will start stocking the CarQuest oil filters because I was just in there today, and saw that they are already stocking CarQuest branded items.

Great call brother Car51!
Yeah I agree BigD1... I'm wondering too if AAP will start carrying more and more Carquest parts. Mine has the brake pads and rotors. I hope they get the Carquest oil filters in. So we can get them with the Havoline oil change specials instead of the driveworks.

Last edited:
My local store has had the brakes and rotors for a while now, but they just recently started stocking CarQuest transmission fluid and other items. Probably more items in there too, but I was in a hurry, so I did not look around much.

Yes offering the CarQuest red with the lower tier oil change specials would be a good move with the option to upgrade to the blue or what ever for a couple more bucks. On the other hand, that would probably put Purolator classic and the CarQuest red in a price war. Purolator brand is huge in terms of sales, so it probably is not going to happen any time soon. The majority of filters on the shelves were Purolator classic.

Last edited:
Cheap insurance argument aside.......is anyone willing to run one of these for 10,000 miles
grin.gif
? Anyone know what the efficiency on these things are? Similar to TG?

So far, I like what I see after 8200 miles. I like the price too. I'm heading down to the US in a couple of weeks. I might have to bring a few of these bad boys home.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
I'm heading down to the US in a couple of weeks. I might have to bring a few of these bad boys home.

I thought Canadian Carquest filters were Baldwin/Hastings.

95.1% @ 20 microns for the Carquest red filter. Not too shabby at all. The Carquest blue filter is 99.1% @ 20 microns. The red filter is around $4 at my local Carquest.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
I'm heading down to the US in a couple of weeks. I might have to bring a few of these bad boys home.

I'm not sure. We don't have any CQ stores in Saskatchewan.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Yeah Memphis 909 had this video up about these filters awhile back. What do you think Zee0six about this CQ red filter? A go or a no go?

Looks like a decent filter for a 5K OCI.

We sell carquest oil filters at work but they are mostly for commerical accounts.
However there are 2 kinds.. Regular and a premium and the premium has a Silicone ADBV amd feels more sturdy

Also many people who have certtain cartridge filters that are like 12$ in the Purolator Classic brand always ask me to go in the back and get them b/c in the carguest brand they are only like $5.89

and we actually compared the Carquest to the same exact model in purolator and it looked 100% the same... Only thing the Carquest comes in a lil plastic bag and Purolator comes in a box.

I think the carquest is a good oil filter.. Probably as good as Group 7 or better.

My local AAP told me last year that they'd have no issues getting me a few CQ filters. No price was mentioned plus they were just WIX filters at the time. (It was cheaper to go to Oreilly or even Napa.)

I wouldnt mind trying one of these budget reds when my current stash runs out. Just have one Mopar and 1 TG left for the WJ.

The closest CQ to me is about 35 miles out in BFE.

*I am waiting on AAP to drop the Driveworks filter lineup and go to Champ.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero
95.1% @ 20 microns for the Carquest red filter. Not too shabby at all. The Carquest blue filter is 99.1% @ 20 microns. The red filter is around $4 at my local Carquest.

Those are good efficiency numbers. The red filter is a good filter for the price, in my opinion.

Hyundai OEM Oil Filter #26300-35503
Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S
Motorcraft Air Filter #FA-1890

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

I always thought they were WIX.

Yeah I agree there man. I am going to the Carquest near me instead of Advance Auto because I would actually run the red Carquest filter that comes with the Havoline oil specials. Lately I just buy those for the oil and I have donated the driveworks filters to the Re-Store. But now I would gladly run these red Carquest filters. If my lady wouldn't fuss I would get another 5 qts if Havoline Pro DS oil special.. But she will
smile.gif
so have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back