CARQUEST "RED" R84060, 8,200K CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: car51
8,2000 MILES

Are you going for being WRONG three times in a row?

You're almost there...

Having a bad day honey?

LOL! Yeah, guess I am not allowed to make a mistake after working a 14 hour day
smile.gif

I have no problem with 8,200K, I see he is from the USA where we use miles, why pick on such things. Good enough and close enough for me, mainly he is spending a lot of time to show oil filters in a pleasant manner. I would like to know more about the oil filter shown and the recessed bypass valve or is it the camera angle messing it up? Fram making a decent filter here.

Good times: thank you sir! I think it is the camera angle honestly. The spring "snapped back into that recess" is what I discovered sir. If I get a few when I go away for a family visit/wedding I'll be sure to cut more open

Sheesh, the guy takes time to cut open and post pictures of filters and some of you give him a hard time?

Now back to that coffeemaker. Is it a 12 cup? Built in timer? Auto drip stop?
grin2.gif

Dish dude: I know right! The coffeemaker is actually a programmable 5 cup thing that we use occasionally. The "box" in the background is a yellow plastic CRAFTSMAN brand.

Well said sir
01.gif

Car51 is a AWESOME cat. Great guy and nice as the day is long. I'm very glad and grateful he's on here.

Ohh and by the way... This filter looked pretty darn sporty. I'd like to see the blue Carquest one too.

Last edited:
Car51 is a good guy for sure. I'm curious how many filter cutters he's worn out so far?
smile.gif

I may switch the fleet over to CARQUEST "red" or "blue" to be quite frank. After I use my last ultra on the Focus

Originally Posted By: car51
I may switch the fleet over to CARQUEST "red" or "blue" to be quite frank. After I use my last ultra on the Focus

I looked up the price for the Carquest Red. I thought it was very reasonably priced for what you get.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
I looked up the price for the Carquest Red. I thought it was very reasonably priced for what you get.

The CQ Red is a fair price (if you have a spin-on can), but the CQ blue prices are ridiculous! $1-2 more than a Napa Gold Wix for no reason! And forget about CQ's cartridge filter prices. Ouch!

Most CQ red cans are $3-something. Cool.
Most CQ blue cans are $8-9. Why? For that price, they better be reboxed M1's.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted By: sir1900

The CQ Red is a fair price (if you have a spin-on can), but the CQ blue prices are ridiculous! $1-2 more than a Napa Gold Wix for no reason! And forget about CQ's cartridge filter prices. Ouch!

Most CQ red cans are $3-something. Cool.
Most CQ blue cans are $8-9. Why? For that price, they better be reboxed M1's.

Isn't the CQ blue synthetic and along the lines of the Ultra and M1s?

I doubt highly a CQ "blue" is a M1 filter clone/similar. I'll see what "the work price" is for me, so it will be cheaper than $8-9. I bet a CQ "BLUE" may be a FRAM ULTRA cousin

Here's the video explaining both CQ filters. The blue isn't full synthetic, but has a higher blend of synthetic media - probably similar to the M1 filter or the Fram Tough Guards since it's rated for up to 10K miles of use. Skip to time 4:35.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-goqCKNhWn4

Yeah Memphis 909 had this video up about these filters awhile back. What do you think Zee0six about this CQ red filter? A go or a no go? Ohh and you rock son !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back