Caravan finally gone?

As they say folks "Times are a changing" With newer generation of families, Peoples needs and peoples taste change throughout time......IE: Taste in Clothing/Music

I'm 36 and think the Sienna and Pacifica are pretty cool looking, modern family haulers and wouldn't be ashamed of driving one if I had kids lol

My view of the evolution on the "Family hauler"

'60's- Mid '00's Station wagon. I think the last popular high sales car based station wagon was the Ford Taurus ?? That one ended in 2007 ??
'80s-2010's Minivan. Have read MANY automotive sources that have said the "Minivan is dying dinosaur" ??.
Mid '90's-Current: SUV
2010's-Current: Crossover's/SUV

Funny story, I almost crapped my pants when I saw some new late model Buick Station wagon on Chevy dealer lot. Asked a sales guy on the lot what %@^$# is that wagon ?? He told me it was a trade-in Buick Regal TourX and he wished he could get more since that one sold SAME DAY it went on the lot and he had gotten like 15 calls on it SAME DAY !!!

As they say "Some old fads do come back in style" ??

Dave
1600947587879.png

The Chrysler Voyager will be the new family fleet queen - I had forgotten they were going to do a Voyager until I saw one the other day so pulled it up on Chrysler site. Base model has hubcaps and a 2nd row bench vs the captains chairs, I didn't go too much deeper on the changes vs the Pacifica but the base is heavily de-contented.

The Chrysler Voyager will be the new family fleet queen - I had forgotten they were going to do a Voyager until I saw one the other day so pulled it up on Chrysler site. Base model has hubcaps and a 2nd row bench vs the captains chairs, I didn't go too much deeper on the changes vs the Pacifica but the base is heavily de-contented.
The BITOG special, as basic as can be, but since it’s a Chrysler it will be put down for being an unreliable heap that won’t make it past 20,000 miles if you’re lucky ;)

I had Journeys and Minivans for company cars. Started with Ford Windstars. Had 3 of them and 2 bad transmissions in less than 20K miles. Started then getting Caravans. Had 3 of them and only failure was a drivers window motor switch. Bought one of them for my wife. She loved it. Stow and go was great. Hauled wood for my 16 foot deck on the roof rack. Sheet of plywood fit inside with the door shut. Awesome 3.3 L V6. Tranny started showing its age at 185K so traded it for a Mazda 5 wagon. Great little mini van and gets 28mpg.

Back