Capless type gas fillers on Cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
If you quit buying overpriced groceries at Giant Eagle you wouldn't have to try and reclaim your money by hauling around gas cans.

This ^^^^^^^.

Much like car dealerships, grocery stores do not give anything away for "free". They can't because they operate on far less of a profit margin than any car dealership could ever hope to. (Usually no more than 1% to 3% max.) So you're paying for that gas one way or another. And in more ways than one. Do you honestly think they could come up with a way to make it more difficult for you to claim it? I mean really, getting rubber hoses caught in your fuel tank. And hauling around smelly gas cans, because they won't allow you to fill more than one car. That's insane.

If you quit buying overpriced groceries at Giant Eagle you wouldn't have to try and reclaim your money by hauling around gas cans.

That's laughable. Is that your experience with Giant Eagle, that their prices are excessive ? Sure, they could sell the groceries even cheaper if they didn't do fuel points but using Kroger as an example, they are consistently on the low side of pricing for all grocery stores around here. Sure, Walmart may have some items cheaper or Meijer may have some cheaper but that means going to 2-3 stores to get ALL of the best pricing. Also, Kroger gives 50 'bonus' points for each prescription you fill there plus the normal points based on the cost of the RX. We use an RX coupon app and Kroger Pharmacy is consistently in the cheapest 3-4 offers.

in mine, the flapper mechanism appears to just be a cap replacement. 1 full turn and it's off. are there other types?

How is it losing money to purchase a home depot gift card and get 6% cashback from amex blue preferred on groceries.. and 6-12% back as fuel.

The vast majority comes from gift cards.

Spend a ton at lowes, home depot, amazon, target.. propane from TSC (had 18% or triple perks on that+6% CC cashback)
Last year I got over $1250 in "free gas" the vast majority from buying Gift Cards.. to buy items I was buying regardless. Takes abit of doing.. chase freedom has 5% back one quarter(limit 1500$ spend), discover also has 5% limit 1500 spend.. then amex blue for 6% back the other 6 months limit 6000 spend.

Getting 12 to 18% off on amazon or home depot is pretty amazing sometimes.. since obviously it stacks with their sales or rebates.

If you shop the Giant Eagle ad it is fairly competitive.
Strawberries were 1.50/pint, 80% beef for $2.49, gallons of milk 1.99, etc.
Now if you just go throw in a random cart of organic or "fancy" items it can get pricey.

but that is all offtopic. The main reason I posted this knowing I would be trolled heavily... I mean lets face it .. it wasnt the brightest idea on my part... was to help anyone else who had similar issue.

I have a transmission funnel I doctored up(trimmed).. but it still requires holding it in or it ejects about 10ft sideways.

I didn't even know capless gas fillers were a thing but... why? Are screw-on gas caps such a problem that someone had to devise a more convoluted system to replace them?

Originally Posted By: Anduril
Are screw-on gas caps such a problem that someone had to devise a more convoluted system to replace them?

01.gif

Originally Posted By: Anduril
I didn't even know capless gas fillers were a thing but... why? Are screw-on gas caps such a problem that someone had to devise a more convoluted system to replace them?

It is a solution looking for a problem. Now instead of just replacing the cap when there is the code for a small EVAP leak, you have to replace the whole filler neck.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Get rid of the capless filler.

Originally Posted By: Fillernecksupply.com
1. Requires Cutting Of Original Filler Neck.
2. Connect This Part With Original Filler Neck With a Section Of Hose and Clamps.
3. Will Require Modification Of Bolt Pattern Of Original Housing By Drilling New Holes; Or In The Flange Section Of This Part.
4. Cap Part Number (31843 And Locking Cap 31844 Click Here) Will Be Required For Use With This Neck Head.
5. Add The Products In The Related Items Section At The Bottom Of This Page To Complete Your Order.
WARNING! ALWAYS MAKE SURE NO FUEL IS PRESENT WHEN WORKING ON YOUR FUEL TANK FILLER NECK SYSTEM!
ATTN! THIS IS NOT A DIRECT FIT PART. MODIFICATION IS REQUIRED.
Make Sure This Modification Conforms To Your Local State Emissions Laws.

Um...... No thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back