Can't view photos in gmail

I have a Samsung S21 Ultra. When I open gmail and try to view my Facebook posts I cannot view photos. I can view posts updates and links. But a photo shows up as just a black screen. This has been happening for at least two to three weeks. I have been Googling a solution but have come up empty. What do I have to do to view the pics? Thanks in advance

Don

why would you view facebook posts in gmail?
(facebook noob)

if you open them in a browser does it show properly?

not a geek for sure BUT i know the programing in your phone as well as the service you pay for dictates what you can do + of course my problem is still learning how to do pics only when really needed while being THRIFTY!! my AirVoice GSM pay as you go is 10 cents a min or text + .0666 per MG for Data if + when you use it, + $10 runs for 90 days!!! a dream come true for those like myself ONLY uses a cell phone when needed!!

Could be a security setting in gmail app settings/preferences or maybe a setting to conserve data by not loading pics in gmail... does this occur on wifi and mobile data.

Okay. Just was playing with the settings. For the fun of it I turned off conversation view. And then turned it back on. Now the Facebook pics show. I have no idea what I did or why that worked but it seems to be fixed. Thanks all

Don

Back