Can't seem to find anywhere LOCAL to buy premium synthetics (redline, amsoil, royal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not interested in paying a bunch for slow shipping on a case of oil. Yet I can't find anywhere around here (Harrisburg, PA) that sells premium oil (and filters). Any suggestions? Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by Asinine:
I'm really not interested in paying a bunch for slow shipping on a case of oil. Yet I can't find anywhere around here (Harrisburg, PA) that sells premium oil (and filters). Any suggestions? Thanks!

I don't pay for slow shipping, either. I get my Amsoil delivered to my door in less than 48 hours.

Tim

Sooo... are you going to leave me hanging...???
gr_stretch.gif

Go the site supporter section of the board and contact anyone associated with the oil you are looking for. There are AMSOIL and Schaeffer reps there and site supporters who sell oil through their websites.

What premium filters are you looking for? Wix is widely sold in independant auto parts stores and NAPAs (as NAPA Gold). PureOne filters are stocked at PepBoys if you have one of those.

As far as the botique oil brands, do you have any performance auto parts places in town? They may stock Redline.

Others here have been raving about the Saab Synthetic oils which you should be able to find at any Saab dealer.

If you are looking for a high grade diesel Synthetic oil then you should be able to find Mobil Delvac-1 at any place which sells truck parts. Our local NAPA store stocks it here.

Hard to find specialty brands like Schaeffers and Amsoil sort of count on their difficult to find nature for part of the allure of the product
wink.gif

John

quote:

Originally posted by jthorner:
Hard to find specialty brands like Schaeffers and Amsoil sort of count on their difficult to find nature for part of the allure of the product
wink.gif

John

Both Schaeffer's and Amsoil can be purchased with a few keystrokes from your computer.

Couldn't be less difficult! Now that is alluring!
wink.gif

For those of us in the midwest Mills Fleet and Farm now stocks Amsoil, not the full line or anything but the basics.

Look in the Harrisburg PA Yellow Pages for Fleet maintenance and Petroleum or oil distributors. Fleet will sell products like Balwin, etc to the public. The distributors carry the full line whereas the individual retailers may carry only the more popular selling items.

quote:

Originally posted by Tim:

quote:

I don't pay for slow shipping, either. I get my Amsoil delivered to my door in less than 48 hours.

Tim

how do u get upgraded shipping??

quote:

Originally posted by DJ:
For those of us in the midwest Mills Fleet and Farm now stocks Amsoil, not the full line or anything but the basics.

DJ, I just noticed that. The one here just opened this week. Considering there are like 30 Mill's I wonder how they get around that whole, "12 or less" thing. I guess since it's a family owned business maybe certain kids own 6 to 12 stores or something.

quote:

Originally posted by DJ:

Yes, but most of that is the XL7500 series "fake" synthetic, priced far above what Mobil 1 sells for in the same store.

Originally posted by therion:
[/QUOTE]how do u get upgraded shipping?? [/QB][/QUOTE]

It is not upgraded shipping. This is regular UPS from Dallas (the warehouse) to Houston...245 miles or so.

I have ordered twice since moving to Houston and both orders arrived in about 36 hours.

Tim

quote:

If memory serves me correctly AMSOIL has a warehouse in Lancaster Pa. That means you should get your order basically the next day if you call in the order early, "like 8 AM EST". I can call in an order at that time of the morning and get my oil the next day and I'm in NC and that comes from the Richmond Va. warehouse. That is 200 miles away.

quote:

There's an AMSOIL distribution center in Lancaster PA. So if you ordered online you should receive it within 48 hours.

Or better yet, become an AMSOIL Preferred Customer or AMSOIL Dealer and pick your order up right at the warehouse.
cool.gif

(AND three days later)
Both Schaeffer's and Amsoil can be purchased with a few keystrokes from your computer.

What is so difficult about providing the questioning poster with a link to the source you are describing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back