Can't make this stuff up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chased one around town one time. Those things are FAST and have really big feet (read killer claws). I only wish we had tazers back then.

I've had ostrich. I hope emu is more tender! Maybe the eggs are ok. How about a two emu egg omelette?

I almost ran over an emu in Marin once. All sort of strange beasts seem to be out and about in Marin. Among other critters, I have seen a longhorn stampeding, a few llamas, a dead chimp at the side of the road, lots of white peacocks and a few emus, all on the loose and up to no good. Marin County is a zoo.

There's emus around here, usually see them "grazing" with sheep.

emu oil is pretty good for sore joints and stuff.

A mate in rural NSW was hired by an emu farm to help them with their round-up. Shane, having seen how covering their eyes slows ostrich down some decided to take a football sock on his first day.

Slipped it over the head of an emu, and it kicked the snot out of him...apparently they don't like their eyes covered.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Sad part is, this made news.

In smaller cities, all kinds of stuff makes news that you'd never see in larger towns.

Some friends of mine have emus. They're OK behind a fence (although one tried to take a chomp out of my kid's hand). I wouldn't want to be up close with them, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back