CANT FIND OTC OIL FOR B48 BMW 230I WHAT TO USE INSTEAD

That I did not know. Thanks for that info. Still, drawing comparisons to a power dense jz and b58/48 and saying that it would require same oil just because it's modular, is silly.
Well, BMW engines use basically same oil, regardless of an engine since 2009 in EU at least: LL04, whether engine is 3 or 12 cylinders, except M models at that time.
Now, what exact difference between B48 and 58 is I don’t know, but I would say it is to be expected some parts will be.
The thing about this generation is that it is developed with tuners in mind. So actually all versions are capable to sustain extreme power for their size or similar per liter.

It’s HIGHLY doubtful that one would see anywhere near an impact of 2mpg by moving to a Xw40 vs a Xw20 in any application. I had a handful of OCIs in my old Odyssey on Xw20s over about 20k miles. I then switched to Pennzoil Euro 0w40 for about another 20k miles before I sold it, and saw only a 0.6mpg difference between the two over those cumulative distances. Considering I also installed the VCMuzzler around the same time as the switch to 0w40 which disabled the “eco” mode, there was literally NO measurable difference between the two at operating temps based on viscosity alone.
I've seen official figures ranging between .9-2.2mpg. It's real but you wouldn't notice because you're not consistent enough with your driving behavior nor where you drive.

I went with 5w30 euro castrol that meets the LL01 after reading LL04 was tweaked for diesel and the particulate filters which I dont have, I topped off half a quart with there euro 5w40 I run that same euro 5w40 in my other cars so I can use the extra jug for top offs. So far I haven't noticed any decrease in MPG from the 0-20 non euro that was in it. During winter I probably will change it to 0-20 and top off with the 5w40 it gets cold here and I use the auto stop/start function, I also like to change at least twice a year once beginning summer and the other begging winter regardless of mileage on all my cars

I went with 5w30 euro castrol that meets the LL01 after reading LL04 was tweaked for diesel and the particulate filters which I dont have, I topped off half a quart with there euro 5w40 I run that same euro 5w40 in my other cars so I can use the extra jug for top offs. So far I haven't noticed any decrease in MPG from the 0-20 non euro that was in it. During winter I probably will change it to 0-20 and top off with the 5w40 it gets cold here and I use the auto stop/start function, I also like to change at least twice a year once beginning summer and the other begging winter regardless of mileage on all my cars
LL04 isn’t really tweaked for diesel, but your choice is fine.

Back