Canadian Wal-mart tire sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leamington, ON, CA - between Detroit and Cleveland
Overkill's recent post reminded me of the Wal-mart flyer I saw a little while ago about "60% off selected winter and All-Season tires".
I was into Wal-Mart today and went to see what was on sale ......

They had a set (4) of Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max for my Uplander (225-60-17) for $431.34 Can. TOTAL ...out the door !!
That's $371.51 converted to US

I think I'll jump all over those puppies !
thumbsup2.gif

Its a deal, but those tires are far from decent, I know because I had a set on my Villager, they were the supposed successors to the OEM Eagle LS's

3 years later, GY gave me 50% towards new replacement Assurance Comfortread Tourings, which are OK.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Its a deal, but those tires are far from decent, I know because I had a set on my Villager, they were the supposed successors to the OEM Eagle LS's

3 years later, GY gave me 50% towards new replacement Assurance Comfortread Tourings, which are OK.

Michael, I have been driving the Uplander since new on Goodyear Integrity tires. I know what "mediocre" is and the Fuel Max is an improvement.
I think I could get along quite well (driving like a grandfather) on them.
Your input is much appreciated.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear

Michael, I have been driving the Uplander since new on Goodyear Integrity tires. I know what "mediocre" is and the Fuel Max is an improvement.

....Wow
I think that's the most depressing think I've heard all year about a car.
I tip my cap to you sir!

Good luck in your endeavors for something better
grin.gif

....Wow
I think that's the most depressing think I've heard all year about a car.
I tip my cap to you sir!

Good luck in your endeavors for something better
grin.gif

I am Canadian, sir .. easily satisfied.
56.gif

I wouldn't use "Integrity" on any of my cars even if it was free. Fuel Max is vastly improvement over "Integrity".

I got the tires installed last Monday and have put a couple of hundred miles on them and am quite pleased.

They are Goodyear Viva Authority Fuel Max (I misnamed them in the original post).
The kids at Walmart nailed the balance... these tires run very smooth.

I cleaned the old Integrity tires up (50k miles) and posted them on Kijiji . I got $75.00 for the set.

So that makes my final price "out the door" on the new tires $366.34 Canadian ($273.54 US)

Happy Camper here ...
happy2.gif

I got the tires installed last Monday and have put a couple of hundred miles on them and am quite pleased.

They are Goodyear Viva Authority Fuel Max (I misnamed them in the original post).
The kids at Walmart nailed the balance... these tires run very smooth.

I cleaned the old Integrity tires up (50k miles) and posted them on Kijiji . I got $75.00 for the set.

So that makes my final price "out the door" on the new tires $366.34 Canadian ($273.54 US)

Happy Camper here ...
happy2.gif

Good deal!

Not sure what equipment the store up there use but our store here uses a Coats digital balancer. With it's easy to read digital layout, it's kinda tough to get the balance wrong on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back