Canadian border restrictions come off at month end ( Sept 30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to mention Yo’all can come up to CANADA without having to deal with C Word restrictions as of Sept 30. Plus, your dollar gets you $1.35 CDN. I know you are dying to buy Motomaster OE Plus motor oil at Canadian Tire. ;)
What about Air Canada and the M word ? (CT is right out of my window, might go look at some lures today) ...

What about Air Canada and the M word ? (CT is right out of my window, might go look at some lures today) ...
I think I get it. Toronto based Onex purchased West Jet, the only serious Canadian based airline competing against Air Canada. WestJet and Air Canada have also done some deals lately. Air Canada filled for bankruptcy protection in 2003, and re-emerged. The shareholders lost everything and they didn't even replace the President. There is a whole lot more like the 2009 melt down, when they were $1.88 per share, and the subsequent government bailout, when their share price took off to $48.52, a 2480% rise. Suspicous that Air Canada’s headquarters are in Montreal, in the province of Quebec. M smells (stinks) like Merger. Did I get that right? ;)

Last edited:
You will need a passport or other identification that will meet entry requirements (like an enhanced ID - different than real ID - for land crossings only).

Was just in Ontario a week ago. No mask requirements for anywhere we were. ArriveCAN is easy and the border agent already has most everything they need when you get there. I'd continue to use it. The border crossing has been a piece of cake - both last September and this September.
I lost my passport a few weeks ago like physically lost it I think it fell out of my car during my job search so in October I'm due to file a declaration of my lost passport and also apply for a new one replacement of the one that I had at the same time.

People ask me why I have it if I never intend to use it well of course I want that option available to me for when it comes time to see the world.

Reactions: wlk
I think I get it. Toronto based Onex purchased West Jet, the only serious Canadian based airline competing against Air Canada. WestJet and Air Canada have also done some deals lately. Air Canada filled for bankruptcy protection in 2003, and re-emerged. The shareholders lost everything and they didn't even replace the President. There is a whole lot more like the 2009 melt down, when they were $1.88 per share, and the subsequent government bailout, when their share price took off to $48.52, a 2480% rise. Suspicous that Air Canada’s headquarters are in Montreal, in the province of Quebec. M smells (stinks) like Merger. Did I get that right? ;)
Great synopsis - but too complicated Snag 🧐 - just meant wearing these on AC 😷

still wonderin how easy to get back in now it's easier to leave.
Crossin into Canada has all ways been easier than commin back.
5 days till the change... how bout commin back? I have a trip plan-
ned to Montreal from here to show the city to my daughter...

Border crossing back in was easy this trip as well. Where are you from, where are you coming from today, how was the fishing, bringing anything back from Canada that you purchased there, and did you visit the dispensary? Have a nice day. Other years its been a more thorough grilling getting back in...

It’s official. And no more masks on trains and planes. About time.

13B327FD-FA82-45A2-AF2C-D62770BFA178.jpg

I am glad the regs stuck around as long as they did. We still had about 200 covid deaths in Canada last week! ArriveCan was quick and easy but I also understand that tourism was still way down because of restrictions

heck with the motor oill I'll take some more -47C washer fluid.
its cheaper than the blue water -20f stuff here.
(brought home 2 cases from kincardine)
I know where Kincardine is! Was through there a few times while hotshotting trailers.

Have never been to Canada and I live 20 minutes south of Buffalo. I should visit sometime.
You should go. Went a few years ago for the first time and loved it. Been back a couple of times as my buddies from work go fishing up in Perth. Well they have been going for 20plus years and I have been up a couple. Last Sept 2021, we went up fish and it was a breeze getting back into US at the 81 crossing. Beautiful areas up there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back