Can someone do an Amazon Prime video test for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone has amazon prime, can you please test the following:

Search for the movie "A Bottle in the Gaza sea" under Prime Instant videos.

Play movie.

Do you get any AUDIO at all? I am not getting any audio on Roku, PC, Smart TV.
(Video plays fine).

Thanks IA

I would check for you, but my in-laws are hogging up the Roku at the moment.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I have a Firestick.

I also have one - Will check with it later.
As for other methods: Still no Audio.

The Silverlight plug-in isn't loading and might be blocked in your web browser.

Please see the Amazon website for additional troubleshooting help, or you can watch this video using Adobe Flash. Error: 7303

It;s not only on my PC.
It's on the Roku3, so it has nothing to do with brower plug-ins.

If it was a plug-in then won't it happen with ALL amazon prime videos? all other movies work fine.

(Same with Roku3 - other movies on Amazon Prime are fine)

Also, if SL doesn't load, it won't display video at all.
ONLY AUDIO is missing on THIS PARTICULAR movie.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97tbird

Roku3 Still no audio

I get audio for this movie on my Roku3. My receiver reports that the audio is in Dolby Digital+ format.

Is your Roku connected directly to your TV? If so, is your TV capable of decoding DD+? If not, go into your Roku settings and change your audio setting to down convert to stereo and see if that helps.

Will check settings soon
Yeah roku is connected to TV and I think I have it converting audio to stereo
Will have to check TV and Roku and see

Is it working on your laptop?

Tried setting roku to stereo
(It was set to auto detect by default)
Still no go

TV can play other prime movies with 5.1 audio just fine - which is also the format of this movie as listed in roku prime app.
(so I guess the TV can handle DD+ as it's playing other movies via the Roku fine.)

I don't get it - if it's a roku problem , why does the pc also have problems? And other people also not getting audio on this movie on their pcs ?

Weird altogether !

PETE: if you have a few min, can you play a different (random) movie from Amazon Prime, which is also detected as DD+ and let me know the title? Then I can try to play THAT movie and see what happens. That can help isolate the problem I (and others) are having with the movie in question, perhaps.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Tried setting roku to stereo
(It was set to auto detect by default)
Still no go

Just FYI, there are two separate audio settings in Roku: "Audio Mode" and "Digital Audio Out." Maybe try setting them both to "Stereo" and see if that makes any difference.

P1010609.jpg

P1010610.jpg

Quote:

PETE: if you have a few min, can you play a different (random) movie from Amazon Prime, which is also detected as DD+ and let me know the title?

Try the Americans, S02E01. It's encoded in DD+ as well.

Amazon wrote to me: technical team is still working on the issue.
After testing the other DD+ encoded video QP suggested, and finding that it plays fine with video AND audio on Roku3 and PC, I am pretty sure they screwed something up with that movie, but it's baffling that some people can get audio via their Roku3.

QP: can you test the movie on your computer? (if it's Windows and silverlgight) and see if you get Audio?
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back