Can regular full synthetic oil be used in portable generator?

Tom777

Hi folks, I recently got the Westinghouse WGen9500DF generator. Manual says to use 4 stroke 10W30 or full synthetic 5w30 oil. I have a jug of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 and wondering if I can use it. Thanks in advance!

Hi folks, I recently got the Westinghouse WGen9500DF generator. Manual says to use 4 stroke 10W30 or full synthetic 5w30 oil. I have a jug of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 and wondering if I can use it. Thanks in advance!
Absolutely not! Use only Westinghouse brand 10w30 oil in your generator.

Then proceed to sending me your jug of PUP 5w30. I'll do you a favor by disposing it accordingly.
(y)

I have that same Gen and it makes allot of heat. After a 4 hour break in … I put in Redline 10W30 ester/PAO and plan to leave for 3 years since it only runs during short outages … Since you have a full jug of PUP (think it’s 38 ounce or so) … I’d do that … Its a big motor to not have a filter …

I've used nothing but synthetic in my Wen invertor generator or my previous traditional wen generator. I have used Mobil Super Synthetic 5w30, Super Tech FS 10w30 and Farm & Fleet HDEO 5w40.

just my $0.02

Back