Can qualify SP test results be made public?

There are a lot of new levels and one needed to be addressed is timing chain. My OM for my 2019 Miata says only use 0w-20. The maintenance in North America is every 6 months, in Europe different. Different regulations.

Yeah man I have no doubt a good Dexos approved 0w20 would do just fine in your car.

Heck... Most high end oil I have run in my Nissan Altima VQ was Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 that was Dexos approved at that time.

True indeed ^^^^^^^

Not totally typical.

Grant that for sure.

However....

Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 is getting rather easy to find.

AZ has it for a relatively decent price... $32.97 I think.
PUP is $24.97 on Amazon. WalMart.

Here is API SN to SP

Notice your spider has 7 levels to reach and if the scale is the same 2 makes it to 10

SP has 15 levels to reach and 4 are over than 10 on the scale.

But I have heard that same thing… However they were applying that stuff to SN, not SP. Notice they say 2015. VW 504 works for Europe and they have different requirements, like long OCI.

You see It is what you read from your source. Personally I would not trust your source…
Lubrizol is one of the main additive package manufacturers used by many major brands that aren't Shell/XOM (because they co-own Infineum).

The Lubrizol relative performance tool (what that screen cap is from) is designed to show the different emphasis placed on those categories for the different specs. It is not designed to compare specifications between brands (so LL-01 emphasis on deposit formation can't be directly compared to DEXOS on deposit formation) but it gives you an idea of the focus made by manufacturers or bodies on those areas.

The API approvals are the "foundational" approvals for North American manufacturers. That is, an oil starts with API SP for example, and then the manufacturer's own criteria are added on top. This is how we get the Chrysler MS specs, Ford WSS-xx specs, GM DEXOS...etc, all of which are more stringent than the basic API approval.

The Euro marques go much further still with far more extensive protocols and much stricter limits. The Afton Chemical Handbook is a good place to start if you'd like to see what some of these approvals involve.

Porsche A40, as @bbhero noted, includes extensive simulated lapping of the Nürburgring and many other tests, followed by a complete engine teardown with measurements. You can find the entire protocol, and a video, if you search my username and A40 on this site.

Honestly…. Does not matter to me. Just giving you my honest response. When I saw 2015 SP…. well.
The 2015 was for the VW approval, notice that the grey square denoting API SP was BEFORE the letters SP. Here's what it looks like when you change the order:
Lubrizol.jpg

And here's the link to the tool:

Thanks… I was going for any info on the test “results” that I can compare the oils without just a SP API approval.
You'll have to elaborate on what it is you are looking for. If you want to find something that's better than just meeting SP, look for more demand OEM approvals. That's why I run an A40 lube in my SRT for example.

Honestly…. Does not matter to me. Just giving you my honest response. When I saw 2015 SP…. well.
If it doesn't matter why start this thread? The discussion by others on what actually determines the performance properties of an oil are pretty spot-on here. That series of tests you originally linked is not valid, but demanding manufacturer approvals most certainly are. I'm a bit confused on your concern about when certain licenses appeared, or how it relates to an approval. You do know that approvals can change over time, right?

Back