Can I switch from M1 high mileage back to normal synthetic oil?

my car has about 100,000 miles on it and about 15 years old and its ran random oil for the last 100,000 miles, whatever the oil change places/dealers gave it which i assume was semi synthetic and maybe conventional. Never had leaks or oil problems. After reading on this forum I went shopping and picked up some M1 high mileage oil since it was on sale and the cheapest oil i could find. it seemed to be more discounted then the others. Well I did my first oil change and now it got me thinking. On my next oil change, lets say if I find a different oil thats cheaper but isnt high mileage, will that still be okay?

basically im asking is it okay to switch back to regular full synthetic oil even after i used high mileage oil just once? or am i **** out of luck now.

also can i just keep going back and forth with HM oil and regular synthetic oil etc etc or is that bad as well? maybe the extra seal conditioners and additives can clean better with the hm one in a while, kinda like running fuel injector cleaner

thx

Switch and see what happens, or does not happen.
If the oil meets service spec and the manual does not ban one type, then the odds are about same as you winning lottery that there will be an issue. If you won lottery recently then don't switch ;)

basically im asking is it okay to switch back to regular full synthetic oil even after i used high mileage oil just once? or am i **** out of luck now.

To be on the safe side and avoid a possible catastrophic failure, you should do an intermediary OC with Quantum Blue and the special transitional purge additive pack to make sure the engines chemistry reset is complete before fully switching over.

To be on the safe side and avoid a possible catastrophic failure, you should do an intermediary OC with Quantum Blue and the special transitional purge additive pack to make sure the engines chemistry reset is complete before fully switching over.

giphy-12.gif

Engine chemistry is a very delicate balance that must be maintained

Use diatomaceous earth and possibly some shock and achieve a pH of 7.2 before submersing the engine in an equal mixture of that and some Saline solution. Then coat each surface area with molybdenum and reset back to engine oil of choice.

Back