Can anyone see the Aurora Borealis **NOW** ?

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I just walked outside and can't see jack......You guys are lucky.
I know how you feel, I just went outside on a clear night and saw the stars, no Aurora frown

Originally Posted By: Big_Kat
Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I just walked outside and can't see jack......You guys are lucky.
I know how you feel, I just went outside on a clear night and saw the stars, no Aurora frown
Here in northern VA I wish I could see stars!

Saw the southern lights years ago as a kid, only just a glow to the South. Got 3dsun app on work I-phone, and it's pretty neat.

JHZR2

Staff member
pretty neat. Didnt go out and look last night, though it may have been too bright. Saw them up in Canada before... We get pretty spectacular sunsets though, kind of like the buffalo picture linked above. Maybe its related?

Crud, I missed it. I can see Aurora and North Aurora from where I'm at, but not the Northern Lights (Wayne will appreciate this).

I noticed them during a walk last night. I see them regularly, but I've never seen them look that way. Usually they're just in the north. Last night the sky was almost empty straight north while they stretched from the north-east to the north-west, looking almost like streaks of distant, brightly lit clouds. There was kind of a lightly curved faint line in the northern area where I usually see them but then nothing above that until higher up. Not as active, vivid, or bright as they often are, but certainly different.