Camry Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Gregk24 kinda inspired me to get off my lazy behind and clean up the Camry. It hasn't been shown serious love in quite some time.

Dirty...

fcznoED.jpg

U7LCrOp.jpg

nzG3mGY.jpg

So just a good scrubbing made it look halfway decent.

hJDK4Vu.jpg

But we can't stop there. Needed to clay the entire car to remove any contaminates from the paint. I was really surprised at the lack of them; the car hasn't been decontaminated since we bought it May 2015. This was the hood.

0vU0zcd.jpg

I was prepared to do a polishing step, but with proper washing over the past 2 years, I was able to skip it!

sANmP4q.jpg

Tires were dressed while I was letting the sealant cure. Always have washed the inner barrels so they always have come clean with ease.

8mzJQ4I.jpg

The engine needed some attention too. Before.

1IqOaB8.jpg

After:

YON7k1z.jpg

End result after a coat of sealant and wax.

hpfKo69.jpg

1eE7EtO.jpg

LsPQLQj.jpg

lrE5y1A.jpg

Products used:

Meguiars Hyper Wash
Poorboy's Bug Squash
XMT Speed Clay
Nanoskin Instant Detailer
Poorboy's EX Sealant
Poorboy's Liquid Natty's Blue Wax
Meguiars All Season Dressing

GTI did get some love too...

vQDma7z.jpg

Looking very nice! I did mine today also, didn't clay bar did that not long ago. I had some clouds this morning so took advantage of it before it got hot.

Thanks guys! The German plate on the GTI is due to the dealer installing the front plate. Here in PA we only have a rear plate so I needed something to fill the holes. Since it's a German car it seemed fitting. Been wanting one since my MK5 Jetta.

Nothing better than a clean topside of engine, really adds that extra clean to a detail job.

Originally Posted By: oilmutt
Thanks for reminding me i need to clean up my engine,what did you use and in what order?

Used Zep's Purple Degreaser at 1:1, an old microfiber, and a medium sized detailing brush for the crevices. On an extremely dirty engine that wouldn't work, this one was mainly dusty. Been making it a habit to use just a damp microfiber to dust off the engine bay in the GTI at every wash. Works really well so I'll do this with the Camry from now on. Takes 10 minutes tops.

I think I would have left the PB sealant cure for 24 hours before applying the wax for durability. Also not sure about the Hyper Wash, prob go with the Megs Gold Glass Shampoo instead. Everything else sounds superb.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I think I would have left the PB sealant cure for 24 hours before applying the wax for durability. Also not sure about the Hyper Wash, prob go with the Megs Gold Glass Shampoo instead. Everything else sounds superb.

I normally do, but I was working in the sun. That is the beauty of their products, heck I think they work better in the sun.

Hyper-wash has been my go to for years. 1 oz per 5 gallon and it produces great suds. It has the same feel as Gold Class, just in a more economical package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back