Calling All Milk Drinkers

I would venture to say most adults would see a much better benefit in getting rid of a whole bunch of other beverages before even worrying about milk. Alcohol, soda, energy drinks, and processed juices come to mind.
I haven't drunk alcohol or hard liquor since I was 18, I usually drink (2) Diet Cokes each day, and processed juices are usually too sweet for me. I do try to drink a gallon of water each day.

I haven't drunk alcohol or hard liquor since I was 18, I usually drink (2) Diet Cokes each day, and processed juices are usually too sweet for me. I do try to drink a gallon of water each day.
I don’t drink soda or juice. I don’t really drink milk either. Except occasionally with a fresh batch of cookies or something. I do like a cold beer once in awhile. Or a glass of whiskey or wine paired nicely with a meal. Black coffee and water mostly for me.

I will drink it but only whole milk or chocolate milk or occasionally strawberry or orange I can’t do anything else. 2% absolutely disgusting, 1% disgusting, skim disgusting. I usually can’t buy my own milk cause we don’t have room in the fridge. All dad buys is 2% and oh man is it nasty I used to be able to keep it down but now I can’t it taste like spoiled cottage cheese or something I don’t know how to describe it other than it’s nasty. 1% is doable but after about two drinks I’m like this is nasty and can’t do skim either. I can do any milk on cereal but to drink it’s whole milk or nothing. I used to be able to tolerate 2% as a kid but not anymore it makes me want to throw up just thinking about it lol.

Kind of like Breyers what used to be called ice cream... Over the years since it was sold it is now NOT called ice cream but..frozen dessert...it has to have at least 10 percent dairy fat to be called ice cream....Blue Bell is still ice cream...
1776125-077567226006-01.png

Well I stand corrected. A few years back when Bryers was taken over by Kraft foods there was a big stink going on with the difference in taste of Breyers ice cream. It turned out they cheapened the formula from the original and it was called a frozen dessert... I guess they listened to the consumer and changed it. I see they have a few now that are called ice cream and also have most of there products labeled as a frozen dessert...

Did anyone happen to see the story about the baby that kept loosing weight, even though she was being fed regularly?
Turns out the mother was feeding her almond milk. Very little nutritional value. Especially for a baby.
She was starving!
The almond trees in California use more water than almost any other crop....and this while there's a water shortage there.
I know the winter snows have replenished the lakes, but the drought will return, just like mud slides and forest fires in that state.
It takes 400 gallons of water to grow 1 pound of almonds. 2 pounds of almonds makes 1 gallon of milk.

Do the math.

About 3 cups of 2% a day for me. 2 with my morning cereal, and the other with lunch.

I was raised on milk, and I credit it for my strong bones.

Despite 7 street motorcycle crashes over the years, and countless dirt bike get-offs, I’ve only ever broken one bone, which was an arm fracture when I was 8 when a bicycle jump went wrong.

We’re raising our kids on it too, despite the negativity towards milk, and dairy in general, that has picked up steam over the last several years, and is perpetuated by a certain (minority) segment of the population, but that has gained wider popularity, especially among upper-middle-class white women, I’ve noticed.

All the milk around here, the Vit D and Whole milk are the exact same. I’ve never seen non-whole milk labeled Vit D. Not saying it’s not out there but I haven’t seen it in 40 years on this earth.
You're not getting it. Milk is FORTIFIED with vitamin D, it is not a natural component of milk. It is put in at the dairy in the form of a liquid.
Many things can be fortified with vitamin D, such as cheese, cereal, etc. Non-fat milk, 2%, 1%, all of it can be fortified.
You need to read the back of the label. It's been around so long that most suppliers don't put it on the front label.

I also don't believe there is a govt. mandate any more, so in the interest of cost cutting, I suppose some marketers no longer add it. I don't know that as fact though.
Just checked my fridge. 2% store brand, 3 mcg vit D.
Fairlife Chocolate 5 mcg.
Both per 1 cup serving. (8 oz.)

You're not getting it. Milk is FORTIFIED with vitamin D, it is not a natural component of milk. It is put in at the dairy in the form of a liquid.
Many things can be fortified with vitamin D, such as cheese, cereal, etc. Non-fat milk, 2%, 1%, all of it can be fortified.
You need to read the back of the label. It's been around so long that most suppliers don't put it on the front label.

I also don't believe there is a govt. mandate any more, so in the interest of cost cutting, I suppose some marketers no longer add it. I don't know that as fact though.
Just checked my fridge. 2% store brand, 3 mcg vit D.
Fairlife Chocolate 5 mcg.
Both per 1 cup serving. (8 oz.)
Yes, we know Vitamin D is added. What I’m trying to say is that Whole and Vitamin D, at least around here, are the same, regardless of label and they have more Vitamin D than skim, 1, or 2%.

Drinking white milk alone is a no go for me. It's fine if in dairy products and such, but not since I was in elementary school have I enjoyed a glass of milk.

These days, I go after the oat, almond and other types of milk alternatives. I can drink those no problem and only use normal milk or half n half in my coffee.

I consume cheese, fermented dairy, butter, and a little cream but I minimize my exposure to the xenogenic estrogen and progesterone that come with the consumption of considerable quantities of milk. I'll have an occasional latte or hot chocolate and that's pretty much the extent of my moo juice consumption. Am I still considered a milk drinker? I also don't really care for the taste of milk and the only milk I use is full-fat milk with the cream on top. Milk is for baby mammals.

Last edited:
I had a cup of hot cacao today. I made it with unhomogenized whole Strauss Farms milk. Usually, I don't advertise products but Strauss Farms produce the best quality dairy products I can find locally. The milk comes from a limited number of dairy farms in Marin, many of them on or near the Point Reyes Peninsula. The cows are out and about on the rolling hills of the area. The milk comes in a glass bottle and has the cream on top. Strauss Farms have their new plant in Petaluma. Their milk is nothing like the milk from the large dairy companies. If you live in the Bay Area you really should try a Strauss Farms dairy product at least once.

No, zero milk for me. Is it good, or, bad, who knows. But I haven’t had a glass of milk since I was five. That was 67 years ago.
Cows milk is for baby cows.
I drank a litre a day in my bodybuilding years mixed with my shakes, had that one bad taste where I thought I tasted hormones or some off tasting weirdness...that was the end of that.
Lactose laden...wasn't working.

Probably haven't had milk as a beverage in 20 years.

I bought a half gallon of Edeleen heavy cream for my coffee. Wife used it our colconnon yesterday. She said "wow that half and half you bought sure is creamy!" Boy was the cabbage/taters/leeks/onions delicious.

Back