Calling All Milk Drinkers

Did anyone happen to see the story about the baby that kept loosing weight, even though she was being fed regularly?
Turns out the mother was feeding her almond milk. Very little nutritional value. Especially for a baby.
She was starving!
The almond trees in California use more water than almost any other crop....and this while there's a water shortage there.
I know the winter snows have replenished the lakes, but the drought will return, just like mud slides and forest fires in that state.
What ignorant person would feed a baby almond milk OR cow's milk?

The water thing is largely hype. Almond trees use less water than many crops.

I don't drink any milk for nutritional value. If a person drinks cow's milk for nutrition, you have a bad diet.

Whole has Vit D. What's the difference?

What wrong with almond milk?
Some brands label it as Vit D whereas other brands label it as Whole milk. It’s the same.

Almond milk tastes disgusting and the consistency/texture is awful.

I only put it in cereal now, but I drank at least a big glass every day until I went to college. I think I stopped then because I couldn't get used to the taste of "store bought" milk.

I too grew up on a dairy farm. We would dip a pitcher of milk out of the bulk tank and let it sit in a fridge for a day. Then my mom would skim some of the fat off before we drank it.

My sisters-in-law get a kick out of the fact that my brothers and I still shake milk before pouring it even though it's homogenized.

Some brands label it as Vit D whereas other brands label it as Whole milk. It’s the same.

Almond milk tastes disgusting and the consistency/texture is awful.
I thought so on whole milk.

Almond milk itself has little taste. Since you mention texture what brand did you try?

I thought so on whole milk.

Almond milk itself has little taste. Since you mention texture what brand did you try?
No clue on brand. It’s been at the in-laws house. I know it was two different ones though that I’ve tried there, just don’t remember the specific ones.

No clue on brand. It’s been at the in-laws house. I know it was two different ones though that I’ve tried there, just don’t remember the specific ones.
I can tell you the Silk variants really used to suck. They changed, they now suck but to a lesser degree. I know the ones with sugar should be a no go for anyone.

We only drink Blue Diamond unsweetened. Sometimes Vanilla, sometimes not.

But yes they taste different than cow's milk thank goodness.

2% only, limited quantity Nesquik (Chocolate) only.

Other than that? I've turned on milk.

I also drink Muscle Milk Pro/Elite sometimes but that's not milk.

milking-ben-stiller.gif

I've stopped drinking very much but typically buy 3-gal whole milk per week (3 kids 11 y/o down to 6). Stay with low temperature pasteurized milk such as Working Cows Dairy or Kalona. They actually taste like something...you know milk. ;)

I just got home from running a few errands. When I entered the house from the garage and judging from the smell wafting from the kitchen, I knew I was in for a treat as my wife had a small plate of just out of the oven hot homemade chocolate chip cookies and a small glass of ice cold milk sitting on the kitchen counter awaiting my critique. We drink about 1 gallon of whole milk a week. :eek:

Well, you can’t milk a tree nut for sure. But it’s also not a fruit or veggie so it’s not juice. And it’s not an oil like olive oil. So maybe it should just be called almond beverage?
Kind of like Breyers what used to be called ice cream... Over the years since it was sold it is now NOT called ice cream but..frozen dessert...it has to have at least 10 percent dairy fat to be called ice cream....Blue Bell is still ice cream...

Back