1 Dozen Fresh Eggs
1 tablespoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Rum
1 Cup Brandy
1 Cup Bourbon
Ground Nutmeg

In a blender, beat eggs until lemon yellow.
Add Sugar, Vanilla, and Salt and blend well.
Pour into gallon container (used milk jug with screw top).
Add remaining ingredients.

Shake well before serving. Jug with screw-top = no mess (ask me how I know), sprinkle with Nutmeg.

Refrigerate unused portion. Good for about a week stored @ 40*.

I usually mark the jug so it's not mistaken for milk.
lol.gif

The flavors will all come together after about 6 hours in the fridge, and will be infinitely more mellow than if you try it right after you make it.

Don't Drink and Drive with this stuff as it is loaded with booze (19% of the volume is liquor +/-) and is so smooth that you won't realize how schnokered you are until it's too late.

Best Egg Nog On The Planet

To make 1 Gallon:

2 Quarts Half and Half
1 Dozen Fresh Eggs
1 tablespoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Rum
1 Cup Brandy
1 Cup Bourbon
Ground Nutmeg

In a blender, beat eggs until lemon yellow.
Add Sugar, Vanilla, and Salt and blend well.
Pour into gallon container (used milk jug with screw top).
Add remaining ingredients.

Shake well before serving. Jug with screw-top = no mess (ask me how I know), sprinkle with Nutmeg.

Refrigerate unused portion. Good for about a week stored @ 40*.

I usually mark the jug so it's not mistaken for milk.
lol.gif

The flavors will all come together after about 6 hours in the fridge, and will be infinitely more mellow than if you try it right after you make it.

Don't Drink and Drive with this stuff as it is loaded with booze (19% of the volume is liquor +/-) and is so smooth that you won't realize how schnokered you are until it's too late.
sounds delicious but you are gonna use your daily allotment of calories in 1 drink... :ROFLMAO:

Just my $0.02

been drinking store bought with my coffee. its been a good few days.

Egg Nog vs. Any Other Holiday-related Beverage is the original "Thick vs. thin" debate.

Egg Nog has always had its own, special 'thumbs down' in my book.
My opinion is that it's a complete waste of the ingredients.
That does not mean others have to feel my way about it.

Last edited:
here's Alton Brown's recipe, that I've wanted to try for years, but am too ADD to remember to buy the stuffs needed..... SQUIRREL!...
  • 12 large eggs, pasteurized if you need peace of mind
  • 1 pound sugar
  • 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1 pint half-and-half
  • 1 pint whole milk
  • 1 pint heavy cream
  • 1 cup Jamaican rum
  • 1 cup cognac
  • 1 cup bourbon
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Procedure​

• Separate the eggs and store the whites for another application.
  • Beat the yolks with the sugar and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl until the mixture lightens in color and falls off the whisk in a solid ribbon.
  • Combine dairy, booze, and salt in a second bowl or pitcher and then slowly beat into the egg mixture.
  • Move to a large glass jar (or a couple of smaller ones) and store in the fridge for a minimum of 2 weeks. A month would be better, and 2 better still. In fact, there’s nothing that says you couldn’t age it a year, but I’ve just never been able to wait that long. And yes, you can also drink it right away.
  • Serve in mugs or cups topped with a little extra nutmeg grated on top.

Costco sells a 5 gallon pail of Eggnog, (maybe 1.75L) and it's pretty darn good. Although it was about ten bucks, it is now (locally) $12 or $13. They claim 14% alcohol content, but I suspect it may be less, as the alcohol taste is not particularly strong, and a cup of this stuff creates a 0.00% blood alcohol meter reading. Where as a glass of wine will register. It is said to contain a mix of whiskey, spiced rum, and brandy.

I was of course, joking about it being a 5 gal pail. It is simply a large bottle.

costco-egg-nog.jpg

Last edited:
Costco sells a 5 gallon pail of Eggnog, (maybe 1.75L) and it's pretty darn good. Although it was about ten bucks, it is now (locally) $12 or $13. They claim 14% alcohol content, but I suspect it may be less, as the alcohol taste is not particularly strong, and a cup of this stuff creates a 0.00% blood alcohol meter reading. Where as a glass of wine will register. It is said to contain a mix of whiskey, spiced rum, and brandy.
5 gallons??!?

I made the recipe that I posted a couple years ago. It had great taste, but was too "boozy" for us. Might try it again with 1/2 the alcohol. Recipe is posted every year since 2009 on another talk forum that I visit. And yes, use pasteurized eggs if bothered by raw.

I was of course, joking about it being a 5 gal pail. It is simply a large bottle.

costco-egg-nog.jpg
Good stuff. :D

Back