Calling All Milk Drinkers

It takes 400 gallons of water to grow 1 pound of almonds. 2 pounds of almonds makes 1 gallon of milk.

Do the math.
Last article I saw was saying 3.2 gallons per almond, on average. I don't drink the stuff but I guess there are some "higher end" almond milk brands that use over 3 times the amount of almonds to make a half gallon than some brands use.

Last article I saw was saying 3.2 gallons per almond, on average. I don't drink the stuff but I guess there are some "higher end" almond milk brands that use over 3 times the amount of almonds to make a half gallon than some brands use.
per almond :mad:

How many almonds to make one gallon of milk?

per almond :mad:

How many almonds to make one gallon of milk?
Depends on who is making it, according to the interwebs, somewhere between 30 and 255. There is a good bit of info out there on it, but that is a lot of fresh water.

My BIL lives in the Sacramento area and says he drives by the orchards on his way to/from work everyday, many hundreds of acres flooded in a foot of standing water to grow them...in California where I previously thought that water was a precious resource.

Do we have any heavy weight milk drinkers here? 🏋️‍♂️
I guess I'm one. I usually drink 2% but will drink whole milk if there's no 2%. I can usually go through a gallon in (2) days. The colder the better. I keep my milk on the very bottom shelf of my fridge. When maintenance checks our appliances, my freezer reads -2* and my fridge reads 33*-35*. I have a very nice 1-1/2-2-year-old Kenmore fridge.
Any other heavy weight milk drinkers here? 🏋️‍♂️
Count me-in! Been drinking it for 71-3/4 years.
In the 1950s-60s-70s, it was whole milk. Then in the 80s and 90s, I switched to 2%. In the last 20 years or-so, I'm going with 1%.
A gallon lasts me 3-4 days usually, depending on how much Kelloggs / Post assorted cereals I eat in the AM.

My household of 5 goes through 1 gallon of 2 percent per day. I personally only drink about 4-6 oz in my daily injections of coffee. It’s been this way for as long as I can remember.

Count me-in! Been drinking it for 71-3/4 years.
In the 1950s-60s-70s, it was whole milk. Then in the 80s and 90s, I switched to 2%. In the last 20 years or-so, I'm going with 1%.
A gallon lasts me 3-4 days usually, depending on how much Kelloggs / Post assorted cereals I eat in the AM.
I'm a few years behind but followed a similar path. Once in a great while I'll buy 1/2% if they are out of 1% or go with extra rich 2% if I have to. Never chalk water (skim milk) though.

Back