California is pouring fresh water into the ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
250,000 Acre Feet

If you were to take one whole acre and fill it up with water to a depth of 12 inches, that would be 1 acre foot. Times that by 250,000 is what California is pouring into the ocean to save a little fish that's two inches long. Meanwhile, we're in a drought and they're giving out heavy fines for people watering their grass. Grass watering makes up a total of 6% water usage for the entire state, yet that's California's main strategy for combating the drought.

California is returning to it's historical dry state. The problem there is over population in a very dry region. Too many people.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
There's is no drought in California; our lakes, rivers, and and reservoirs are jam packed full of water.

You just contradicted yourself.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125

No, THEY (the government) are saying we're in a drought; not me.

When I was growing up in So. Cal there were less-far less than 20 million people. Today it's close to 40 million. California is an arid place. I don't know if there is a drought or not. I can tell you that much population growth has to put a strain on natural resources.

I left California-4 years ago. Best thing I EVER DID. What a nutty, over populated and expensive place to live!

Last edited:
Well, if the government gets their way, they're gonna stack and pack everybody into tall buildings and make everybody ride bicycles; they want us out of our cars.

Heard this morning on the radio the plan to pretty much drain down Folsom Lake - just doesn't make any sense to me
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Pajamarama
It's too bad they can't pour Californians into the ocean. I think that would solve everyone's problems.

If we get a big enough earthquake, that's where we're going.
grin2.gif

There's is no drought in California; our lakes, rivers, and and reservoirs are jam packed full of water.

Where?

I have lived here in San Diego County my whole life.
Our far left government chooses to dump all of our water into the ocean to save this stupid little fish that nobody wants. It's one of the most ridiculous things they have done in a while. I am sure though that the future will bring more stupidity to our state soon.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
I have lived here in San Diego County my whole life.
Our far left government chooses to dump all of our water into the ocean to save this stupid little fish that nobody wants. It's one of the most ridiculous things they have done in a while. I am sure though that the future will bring more stupidity to our state soon.

That's why California is known as the land of fruits and nuts.

Meanwhile, we're in a drought

There's is no drought in California

No, THEY (the government) are saying we're in a drought; not me.

It's too bad they can't pour Californians into the ocean. I think that would solve everyone's problems.
+1

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Any video or article with a title like that deserves to be immediately ignored.

Yep,
riparian flows are a fact of life if you build a dam. Need to release a daily part of the flows, and also simulate high rainfall flooding flows.

No need for inflamatory whackjobs who don't understand it to make such tripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back