Cable modems

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was on Comcast, I used a Zoom DOCSIS 3.0 modem and a flashed router that worked decently well.

I was about to get my parents the Google/TP-Link OnHub and give them my modem, but I told them getting a rental gateway is a better idea for support.

Originally Posted by buck91
Been running my own modem and router with Comcast for a few years now, and between the router improvements and soem connectivity issues with my modem I'm looking to upgrade. Ordered a new router already but looking at modems for COX...

Currently running a Motorola SB6121. It worked well for about two years but ever since comcast increased "blast" tier to 75mbps it has had a ton of connectivity issues requiring multiple restarts per day. Looking at their guide, the SB6121 is comcast compatible but not recommended for blast speed. Their SB6141 is, though.

What are some good options for economic cablem modems? I would be OK spending less now and replacing in another two years, also. Currently looking at either Motorola SB6141 or TP-Link TC-7610. The TP-Link is significantly cheaper...

My inquiry is on the off chance that I purchase my own modems for COXz what do I need to do on the off chance that anything to make it work with the Comcast link signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back