Cabin Filter from 2013 Chevy Cruze

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cabin filters are, fortunately, in a place where they only have to catch dust and pollen. Vegetation stays out of them and they always look clean.

I usually do the engine air and cabin filters on mine at the same time, running one a little long and the other a little short. Neither usually looks like it absolutely needed replacement. I'd guess the cabin filter replacement interval is more to prevent buildup of debris that can cause a musty smell, etc., than because it can legitimately clog that fast.

Geeez, that's some serious leaf litter!

I really think they'd be better serviced if they didn't bury them in the most unfortunate of places on some cars.

The filter in the dodge is placed similarly as yours, and is difficult to get in without distorting the filter element as you try and slide it in.

I'd much prefer a location where you can just drop them in.

Yep, and to think you were breathing air pushed through that. I change mine out every year and it looks about like that.

Amazingly enough most of the population have NO IDEA that they even have a cabin air filter, I once worked on a 2001 Tahoe. The early 800 series had cabin filters but were cost cut out after, I think 2003. The truck had very low air flow...pulled the filter out, which is under the dash and easy to reach, the thing was filthy and had so much junk sitting ON it that I pulled junk out of the duct work that backed up. Second story was a 2004 Toyota Solara - same thing low air flow with a clogged cabin filter. I tell people to READ the OWNERS manual and they would know all they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back