Buying Honda Coolant locally in DC area

Status
Not open for further replies.
So have a question about Honda Type 2 coolant in a gallon.

Local dealers are asking(DMV area) for $20-$23/gallon, while online shipping is painful. Was wondering if anyone know a place which sells this stuff for cheap.

There's one place in IL, which offer local pick up and it's like ~$13 and trying to find that sweet price
smile.gif

Have quite a few brand new 'peak green' ones laying around, but would rather stick to Honda one.

Thanks for the help and pointers.

Not that I've seen. I purchase my coolant from Bernardi Honda online, but that includes filters/other fluids so the shipping isn't overly atrocious when you add in all those other things. Fast shipping, never an incorrect order.

Just go to Advance Auto Parts and get the Zerex Asian Antifreeze. It is about $14 to $16 a gallon.

It is the same exact formula as the Honda Antifreeze which is silicate and borate free.

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
Not that I've seen. I purchase my coolant from Bernardi Honda online, but that includes filters/other fluids so the shipping isn't overly atrocious when you add in all those other things. Fast shipping, never an incorrect order.

Thank you, yeah I was looking on their, as well as college honda and a few others. Their prices are good, but when shipping is added, it kills you!

Hence I was asking about any local hooks ups or knowledge
smile.gif

Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted By: onemig
Just go to Advance Auto Parts and get the Zerex Asian Antifreeze. It is about $14 to $16 a gallon.

It is the same exact formula as the Honda Antifreeze which is silicate and borate free.

Yeah, I have heard and read about Zerex for motorcycles(asian) and cars(asian) too. Can I mix it with Honda blue one?

Maverick,

Yes you can mix them as they are both silicate and borate free. That is what I use in my Honda Fit.

Maverick,

Yes you can mix them as they are both silicate and borate free. That is what I use in my Honda Fit.

Sounds good, thank you
smile.gif

+1

ZAF is fine. WM also now sells Valvoline Asian Formula AF. Same as ZAF premix and generally less expensive than ZAF. Currently only $1/gal less but has been as much as ~4/gal less than ZAF.

Even better if you have a Pep Boys nearby, many sell OEM Asian AF 'Concentrate PHOAT by Recochem in the matching Type 2 blue tint, currently on sale for $14 gallon. Twice the AF for a buck more than red tint ZAF premix.

OEM-Extended-Life-Bottle-BLUE_A.jpg

Thanks, I have Pep boys, as well as Walmart. Can get either or, whatever is cheap :p

1-https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/879925/00162

2-http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/zerex-asian-vehicle-antifreeze-coolant-50-50-ready-to-use-1-gallon-675130/11046680-P?searchTerm=zerex

I have at least 4 brand new sealed gallons of this(https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9409196/00162). Alas, can't use it
frown.gif

Thank you.

Last edited:
Just in case you decide you want to stick with OEM, if you haven't already, try call the local Acura dealerships. If I remember right, it was a couple bucks cheaper than at the Honda dealer when I was looking.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Just in case you decide you want to stick with OEM, if you haven't already, try call the local Acura dealerships. If I remember right, it was a couple bucks cheaper than at the Honda dealer when I was looking.

Thanks for the help. By no means I am connected with them, but they are in IL and their prices seem very reasonable:

http://www.hondapartsnetwork.com/

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs

Thanks for the help. By no means I am connected with them, but they are in IL and their prices seem very reasonable:

Oh I've gotten stuff from them
smile.gif
I bought a radiator from them (plus some other stuff). It's a decent drive for me, probably 30m to an hour, plus their open hours aren't ideal, so I don't usually make it the trip except for big ticket items. Great prices though!

Oh I've gotten stuff from them
smile.gif
I bought a radiator from them (plus some other stuff). It's a decent drive for me, probably 30m to an hour, plus their open hours aren't ideal, so I don't usually make it the trip except for big ticket items. Great prices though!

Yeah, their prices are insane!!!

So have a question about Honda Type 2 coolant in a gallon.

Local dealers are asking(DMV area) for $20-$23/gallon, while online shipping is painful. Was wondering if anyone know a place which sells this stuff for cheap.

There's one place in IL, which offer local pick up and it's like ~$13 and trying to find that sweet price
smile.gif

Have quite a few brand new 'peak green' ones laying around, but would rather stick to Honda one.

Thanks for the help and pointers.

Where is that one place in Illinois??? Cheapest I have found locally in Chicagoland is $20 plus tax.

Try the dealer in Waldorf.

Or ask any to match bernardi. The worst they can do is say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back