Buyers' failed to "close" on Monday

We sat down with the seller of our current home on purchase day to sign all in one room at the title company. Just received a letter addressed to the previous owner (now 5 years later) that we just went and dropped off to her at her new address. My wife stayed and chatted for 5 minutes or so.

I'm in a town of 70K people, so it's small enough to be able to do these things.
Yeah, I guess it's regional. Sellers always completed everything first thing in the morning and buyers sat down mid-morning or early afternoon after the wire was confirmed. In CT we completed everything in our attorney's office and in MA the county has a special building where these transactions take place.

Having some coffee this morning before starting a handful of projects. Decided to look this morning on Zillow on the home we just sold/ closed on earlier this week, to see if the sold for price was listed . The home was super hard to sell, we were trying to sell for over a decade. Zillow had reported an increase in price on this home every month for the past year. I was surprised to see the home drop in "Zillow" value estimate of 8k last month. Wow.

On a plus note- this is the first Saturday morning in years I woke up not worrying about that home. Nice to be free from it.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 06-32-44 Your Home.jpg

Back