Butt Whippings, NFL style.

its worth saying there are about 50 or 60 college games on Saturday but 16 or so NFL on the weekend
oh there are games in the NFL you know aren't worth watching
but most of the college games are blowout material.
The stats aren't that far apart.

FBS - 15 points or less is the 50.2 percentile - https://cleanuphitter.com/cfb/stats/cfb_common_scores.php

NFL - 8 points or less - 50.44% - https://cleanuphitter.com/nfl/stats/nfl_common_scores.php

So exactly one touchdown difference. Not exactly blowout considering the NCAA will run up scores on purpose to show "strength of victory" for the rankings and the blowout often happens late in the game when its over anyway.

If you could find a stat of when ranked teams played each other, then you might be closer to the NFL?

A lot of the blowouts in college are expected - like interstate rivalries, so people are happy to see them play even if there not competitive. NCAA is far more inclusive for having a home team. If you only want to watch competitive games its really easy - just watch two ranked teams playing each other.

Last edited:

Some football fans prefer college while others prefer the NFL. Some both. All good.
I watch some of both.. I prefer the NFL, mostly because it is a commercial product, although College Football is surely going the same way, now that players can switch teams..

Some football fans prefer college while others prefer the NFL. Some both. All good.
In Texas, high school football is sort of a religion.

Most Attended TXHSFB Games
  • Allen-Pearland, 2013 - 54,347.
  • Allen-Cy Ranch, 2014 - 52,308.
  • PNG-Plano, 1977 - 49,953.
  • Longview-West Brook, 2018 - 48,421.
  • Allen-Houston Lamar, 2012 - 48,379.
  • Duncanville-North Shore, 2019 - 47,818.
  • Southlake Carroll-Trinity, 2006 - 46.339.
  • Cedar Hill-Katy, 2014 - 46,289.
Then there's this:

1. Cy-Fair FCU Berry Center (Cy-Fair ISD)​

• Cost: $80 million (includes construction of 9,500-seat arena and 456-seat theater)

2. Legacy Stadium (Katy ISD)​

• Cost: $70.3 million

3. McKinney Stadium (McKinney ISD)​

• Cost: $70 million

4. Eagle Stadium (Allen ISD)​

• Cost: $60 million

5. Woodforest Bank Stadium (Conroe ISD)​

• Cost: $49 million

Prosper ISD just north of Dallas is looking to replace their $48 M stadium with one that costs $94 M.

Crazy.

The Dolphins & Broncos aren't divisional rivals or even a playoff rivals that I recall.....No need to run up the score like that.

I honestly don't think they ran up the score... the Bronco's played that bad and the Dolfins played that well.
in the 4th quarter the Dolfins put in the backups, and still scored a few more touchdowns..
and give their coach some credit, near the end of the game he could have kicked a field goal and set the all time
NFL scoring record for a game, but he had the team take a knee..

I honestly don't think they ran up the score... the Bronco's played that bad and the Dolfins played that well.
in the 4th quarter the Dolfins put in the backups, and still scored a few more touchdowns..
and give their coach some credit, near the end of the game he could have kicked a field goal and set the all time
NFL scoring record for a game, but he had the team take a knee..
It had something to do with Russ. See my earlier post on the topic.

Back