Butt Whippings, NFL style.

We had a scary first game but the past two games we played decent. Go Bills.

Reactions: GON
I used to like to watch professional football. I was a Chicago Bears fan. For the past probably ten years or so I've found the sport to be mostly unwatchable. The constant palaver from the announcers, the post touchdown end zone clown shows and the constant mind numbing commercials are really annoying. Lately the stadium fans seem to have dissolved into homicidal tribal fueds

Once in a while I go to a local Friday night highschool game. That's where the pure sport still exists. 🏈
Well said. Attempted to watch the Panthers yesterday but after a Panthers defensive player made a mundane tackle and celebrated like he just won the superbowl I quickly turned it off. That reminded me quickly why I’ve stopped following the home team and NFL in general. They were getting their butts handed to them by the way…
The coach should have benched the guy.

No offense meant about the Cowboys. I got that from my friends in Arlington; they are big fans and are brutal.
And, of course, they are the mortal enemy of the 49ers (Forty Whiners). Along with the Lambs, er ah I mean Rams.

And I hope Arizona is spent cuz we are taking my grandnieces to the game this Sunday.
I was a Raider fan. But they left for LA. Then for Vegas. Garoppolo? Please.
Better Cowboys than Indians - they get to keep the name 😎

Why they kicked a field goal towards the end instead of going for it, I don’t understand.

It made more sense when they first did it when there was more time on the clock. But then there was the leverage penalty and the first down, which actually cost them a minute and they just kicked the field goal again anyway. At that point they should have gone for it.

And my Raiders have another meltdown, had high hopes for Jimmy G. :(
Please. His field vision is zero; he only sees 1 receiver. He can't throw past 15 yards. He lost us a Super Bowl because he kept giving the ball back in the 4th qtr. And missed Kittle for an easy score near the end of the 1st half.

You do realize they are entertainers?
Pablo - will try to help you differentiate

IMG_1551.jpeg

Not really - they are athletes …
Good enough to be paid millions …
If that were true they would get paid for performance, or paid by skill. Instead there paid by the number of buts they put in the seat. At least at the high end. Reference a 39 year old Aaron Rodgers.

Also if they were athletes they would display sportsmanship and not run the score up 50 points.

If that were true they would get paid for performance, or paid by skill. Instead there paid by the number of buts they put in the seat. At least at the high end. Reference a 39 year old Aaron Rodgers.

Also if they were athletes they would display sportsmanship and not run the score up 50 points.
You have to get there first via athletics - now don’t you …

Any comments on some of those bad calls during steelers/Raiders.

I mean a foul is a foul but holy carp! it was looking like they were being paid to keep the game close. They did miss a bunch of holding early.. both teams.
but the leverage call where the guy was outjumped by the dude next to him was terrible. if the dude next to you outjumps you.. there wasnt much "leverage".

or the perfect fast tackle called roughing where the reply showed it was nothing but a fast tackle.

Also call consistent game.. if you are going to let them play.. dont start calling them 3/4 the way through the game.

Compare all the great college games this past weekend, FSU/Clemson, ND/OSU, Oregon/CO, LSU/Arkansas, etc. I do my yardwork, oil changes and errands on Sundays. You Bud Light drinkers enjoy yourselves.

its worth saying there are about 50 or 60 college games on Saturday but 16 or so NFL on the weekend
oh there are games in the NFL you know aren't worth watching
but most of the college games are blowout material.

Back