Buffing machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys what are you using to apply/removing your waxes and polishes? Im looking for something that plugs in and allows me to have control so i dont burn my paint. Griots gradge has one thats made by porter cable buts its pretty pricy i beleave its 200.00 are there any other options that are just as good that will give me great results without braking the wallet? Thanks.

There are other sights where you can get the porter cable for cheaper. Autopia.org is a forum that discusses the PC alot. Look on ebay you can probably get it for 115$ or so. It is the safest machine to use. What I mean it that it is the most user friendly and even rookies can do well with it without burning your paint. On autopia you can get the whole set up for about $175 and that includes the pads and some free polish. If you join the forum you can get it even cheaper.

Most of the online detailing suppliers sell the Porter Cable 7424 or its variants. Prices for the basic machine are in the sub $150 range.

Lowes sells the 7336 (same machine as the 7424) for $109.00. They will pretty much be the only local source for the PC.

Don't forget you will need a velcro backing plate, a couple of polishes and a few foam pads for polishing. That will put your initial investment at around $200-250.

Probably the best deal for beginners is to buy a kit that includes the machine and all the basic accessories. I like this one: http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?ProductID=821232004228071-2491365464

Thanks guys porter cable it is then. Just ordered it.

[ November 09, 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: TRDUSA2002 ]

Don't use the crappy white pad that comes with the PC! Get yourself a set of pads from Autopia and use the proper product with each. Using the PC can take some getting used to - my first attempts yielded very little, but once I got some hands on instruction I was able to get rid of all the swirls in two of my cars.

The PC is great for polishing out swirls, etc, but it also makes short work of applying a sealant and then buffing it out. Get some of the microfiber bonnets for buffing off the sealant once it hazes. You'll love how easy it all is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back