Bridgestone or Michelin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelin are much quieter. Bridgestone is a harder and longer lasting tire. And more noise.

Originally Posted by painfx

Originally Posted by Wolf359

I have some Michelins I got from Costco. They basically had the best price because they also run their 1 cent installation sale along with the $70 rebate so it makes it way cheaper than Tirerack even if you find a cheap installer. Plus they include road hazard, lifetime rotation and balance. The problem with the local tire stores price matching is that they don't include those services.

That is true. Does yours have problems with cracked sidewalls overtime?

I have Michelin A/S 3+ so different tire. On my second set of them, no issues with cracking. Might also have to do with the particular line of tire.

Every time I've purchased something besides Michelin
I've regretted it !

I vote for Michelin ðŸ‘

I see the majority is voting for Michelins Primacy, however, are you guys from the East Coast? I ask because these are good for areas that doesnt snow. I see it has bad ratings for light snow.

The Michelin Primacy are about $200 cheaper vs the Bridgestone Quietrack at Costco.

The Primacy treadlife is 500 AA @ 9.5/32nds, and the QuietTrack is at 800AA @ 9/32nds.

The QuietTrack are heavier by 3 lbs.

The QuietTrack tread width is wider than the Primacy.

Last edited:
Given those two choices, Michelin. If some other tire brands are considered, IMO the choice wouldn't be as cut-and-dried.

I may be the odd guy out here, but I've favored specific (not all) bridgestone tires above michelins. Bridgestones may indeed heavier tires in general (I've never really checked) but they've also been more supple and therefore quieter over roads in my experience than michelins. I have never had any factory defects with bridgestone, though I did with firestone. Firestone took care of all of the defects without question or hassle.

Recently I started moving towards cooper and have nothing but good things to say about cooper. However, buying a used car with bridgestone "Serenity" rubber on them were so impressive, that the next sedan we had when tires were needed got the same tires, and both sets have been some of the best tires I've owned. The serenity model has siping which seems to fade beginning at 50% wear, so probably no siping left by 30% remaining, but they are such long-lived tires that if I replace them at 50,000 with still 20,000 remaining, that will be ok. I usually replace our tires before we actually hit the wear bars due to wet braking anyway.

The key with bridgestones, which I am more familiar with, certainly, is to know which models are entry-level or oem-spec tires and avoid those. Their upper level tires, for me, have never been disappointments.

Last edited:
I wasn't impressed with Primacy MXV4's in the snow... well, much less than not impressed. The MXM4 is a different tire, so I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't rush to get it if snow performance was a criterium.

Warranty is primarily a tire shop issue. I have local guys I know will take care of me, regardless of whether the manufacturer stands behind them.

If it is available in your size, check out the Continental PureContact, pre LS or LS.

Why only consider these two brands? I think both are over priced and most of it is paying for the name. There are many other brands that would be just as good for less $$$...

Because I am getting them at Costco and those 2 are the best choices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back