Bridgestone Ecopia line?

Not considered any Bridgestone tires lately, has anyone tried these in a 215/60R 15 size and seen a good tread life with them? Normally I'd stick with Michelins, but Costco has a deal that might be too good to pass up right now. TIA.

Subscribed. This is one line I'll look for in a year or two when either of my cars need new tires.

Michelins are also on sale at Costco right now. A $110 discount on a set of four tires.

I purchased them in both 215/60/16 and 205/50/17 size from Costco. The 16's were on a Forester and the 17's were on an Impreza.
I traded the Forester in when the tires had 30k miles. They had a fair amount of tread left and l thought l would easily reach 60k miles with them had l kept the car.
I hit too many deep potholes with the Impreza and was riding around with sidewall bubbles on two tires at 40k miles, so l replaced all four tires. There was enough tread left to go 20 to 30k more miles.
They're a bit pricey, but worth the cost in my experience.
My unscientific MPG tests showed a definite improvement in fuel economy.

I've had the Ecopia H/L 422 on my Honda Element for several years now, they've performed very well, quiet smooth, at least as smooth as an Element will allow. I got them largely for fuel economy as I remember they were several pounds lighter than most other tires of the same size. The wet traction was way better than the Toyo tires that they replaced, I have no complaints in the snow either, but that was only for the first winter, I swap to winter tires now.

I drive the Element much less now, so I suspect the tires will age out before they wear out. No issues with the rubber cracking at all.

Had the EP422’s on my Caliber, hated them. Your location says Texas, so snow isn’t a worry for you which is good because they’re awful in snow. They never hydroplaned, but even my gutless 2.slow CVT equipped Caliber wanted to spin them in the rain.

They were fine in dry weather and didn’t wear quickly, about the only nice things I have to say about them.

I put a set on my VW Alltrack and with the mileage records I keep, I can say that I am getting about 1.2 mpg more than on the old tires which is about 3.3% improvement. They handle well, do quite well on wet roads and are about average in snow. Mine currently have about 12,500 miles on them and judging from the wear, I would expect to get about another 25-30,000 out f them.

Had the original Ecopia 422 and as they aged they became a bit twitchy with rain covered roads . Especially on wet cornering . Had them replaced at 4/32s'. Not sure about the quality of the newer Ecopia .

Boomer & Joe1, do you remember what the previous set of tires was (prior to putting on the Ecopias)? I'm wondering what the comparison would be. I have Continental TrueContact tires which are evidently a line that is made for getting good MPG so I don't know if I would see an increase with the Ecopias.

I put a set on my VW Alltrack and with the mileage records I keep, I can say that I am getting about 1.2 mpg more than on the old tires which is about 3.3% improvement. They handle well, do quite well on wet roads and are about average in snow. Mine currently have about 12,500 miles on them and judging from the wear, I would expect to get about another 25-30,000 out f them.

My future SIL has 45000 miles on the factory Ecopias on the 17 Jetta he bought from me, look like they have a ton of tread left. He's an aggressive driver and hasn't complained about the their traction or handling. We rotate them every 10k, no complaints.

Boomer & Joe1, do you remember what the previous set of tires was (prior to putting on the Ecopias)? I'm wondering what the comparison would be. I have Continental TrueContact tires which are evidently a line that is made for getting good MPG so I don't know if I would see an increase with the Ecopias.

Previous tires on the 05 Forester were Yokohama OEM, Michelin (pilot I believe), Yokohama Avid Envigor, and Ecopias were last. I put the Ecopias on at 140k miles and was consistently getting 31 to 31.5 MPG on highway. EPA estimate was 30. I averaged a shade under 30 with the other tires, 29 with the Michelins. I was convinced that the Ecopias contributed about 1MPG in improvement.

Yokohama OEMs were in the Impreza. I haven't been tracking MPGs much with this car so l really don't know if the Ecopias improved fuel economy.

The original Ecopia 422 ( H ) made the ride a bit harsh . Replaced with General RT43 ( H ) and rides smother and handles much better in rain .

Well, I decided to ditch the Bridgestones. I got a pretty good deal on Yokohama Avid touring. Set of 4 for $406 installed P215/60R 15's. Lifetime balance and rotation. 1 year free alignment. The Bridgestones would have been $476.

Back