Bridgestone Ecopia + - surprisingly good.

Originally Posted by paqza
oem tires are not the same as aftermarket.

It depends on the tire. Many tires spec'd as OEM are ones you can buy off-the-shelf, especially on cars with high sales volumes like the Mazda3.

You gotta be very careful how you word this.

Tires designed and supplied to an OEM are quite different than what is designed for the aftermarket. But those OEM tires will find their way into the aftermarket.

What you should take from that is that a tire that is an OEM will be different than a tire that is NOT an OEM - even if the name on the sidewall is the same.- and even tires that are OEM will be different from each other - even though the name is the same.

We had the BRIDGESTONE Ecopia 422 (H) and not that impressive on rain covered roads and more so on wet corners , especially as they aged . They were on a second generation FIT with 175/65-15 tires . Replaced them with GENERAL RT43 (H) and they outperformed the 422s' in all categories . The gas mileage remained the same . Have stuck with RT43 (H) for all present and past cars . Usually keep tire pressure 2 > 4 p.s.i. above recommended level .

Last edited:
Going to necro bump this thread as I have had some more time to evaluate the tires a little bit longer - have prob about 4k miles on the tires now.

Comfort and quiet is still top notch and I think the strongest aspect to the Ecopia+ line, however I think the efficiency design does compromise traction.

Wet traction is not very good at all, even driving in Eco mode which limits output on my E-Golf to 162 lb ft torque it does not take much at all to get the front wheels a spinning and that is not even matting the accelerator. Yeah 100% of the torque is available from 0 RPM but I would say just goosing it to 40-50% throttle will cause a massive loss of traction, not tires clawing for traction but a full on spinning. Dry traction is decent though, can get a little squeal if I mat it from a stop in normal mode.

Once these tires age out I will probably go with something different even if I lose a bit of range, the $122/tire price tag is a bit too steep for a tire that just sucks in the wet.

mine is Eucopia 422 plus on my Accord; put them on as a brand new pair; Would i use them again, the answer is NO

My 2019 CR-V came with these from the factory and they're awful. Noisy as get out and very stiff riding plus wearing horribly. Michelin LTX/Defenders here we come soon. :D

Back