Breakfree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bsmithwins
Originally Posted By: Mystic
After I bought my S&W M&P I bought a video about the gun from the American Gunsmithing Institute. The gunsmith in the video recommends cleaning guns with Simple Green and using Breakfree to oil guns.

Regular Simple Green can corrode aluminum.

I use Simple Green aircraft cleaner on guns. I got it mostly for using with corrosive ammo. but it cuts carbon and grime great.

BSW

An additional option is Simple Green Pro HD, which the company also lists as aluminum-safe. I got a gallon at Home Depot, it's purple and a strong concentrate.

Good to see you here, BSW.

Mystic,

BF is what I've chosen as a standard out of all the gun oils I've tried. So far I have so much variety I have enough to last several years!!!!! As an emergency only BF can be used as a cleaner BUT it's not a bore cleaner. You want a cleaner that'll clean deep into the pores of the steel as using BF will oonly clean the top portion /residu.

It appears the best I've tried is MP-PRO 7 asa bore cleaner. It doesn't smell and cleans deep using a bore brush as loosen-up the fouling. It also acts as a bore preseravtive after you use a dry patch.

Durango

I use Hoppe's #9 on my Glocks, and as of late I've been using Militec 1 as my oil. Before that I used the regular Hoppe's gun oil. Glock pistols only require 5 drops of oil. 1 on the out side of the barrel, 1 on the barrel lug, 1 down each of the 2 slide rails, & 1 on the connector bar in the rear of the grip frame.

The only Breakfree CLP I can get here is in a spray can, and I don't like using it on my Glocks as they get too oily.

They Breakfree CLP smells just like the Toyota brand penetrating oil to me, and I kinda like the smell of Hoppe's #9, when you are cleaning guns. It has that unique smell when it mixes with powder residue.

Justin,

The solvents you use a fine to keep your Glock working good.

For myself I use a product called "Prolix" for cleaning and for the barrels/bores I use MP-Pro7

Two drops of Breakfree on the slide along wit a little lithium grease and I'm ready for some cap busting.

Enjoy,

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back