Brand-New Car has Swirled Paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW maybe you "car guys" should give the newer generation CVTs a try as you might be surprised. Beats the [censored] out of any traditional automatic transmission I've driven.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer

I look at the hood and it's got swirls in the paint - looks like somebody who didn't know what he was doing put a power buffer on it.

Typical when they allow a lot boy to detail a new vehicle. I have them write in big bold letters on the buyers order DO NOT DETAIL THE CAR. THE CUSTOMER WILL!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I call a few days before delivery and remind them, because odds are they pay no attention to my request. It saves them money and me a headache.

Originally Posted By: Spyderman24_7
FWIW maybe you "car guys" should give the newer generation CVTs a try as you might be surprised. Beats the [censored] out of any traditional automatic transmission I've driven.

You mean CVTs where they program "gears" so that people can flap paddles and think they are "shifting"? LOL.

Otherwise, I have no beef for those who want to not shift. I just like to shift and have a real neutral that I can easily invoke myself. Something that CVTs, ATs and DCTs dont do well.

But I digress...

CVTs are OK for people like my sister - women who have no interest in the driving dynamics of an automobile, and care only that it gets them from A to B.

If I were buying a vehicle today with a slushbox, I definitely would not get a CVT. Rather, I'd go for a vehicle that offers a sporty version of the ZF 8-speed auto.

The dual-clutch "clutchless manual" boxes are cool...if you get the right one. Many are finicky and don't work as advertised...it seems you have to spend big bucks on a high-end car to get one that works as advertised.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Spyderman24_7

You mean CVTs where they program "gears" so that people can flap paddles and think they are "shifting"? LOL.

Otherwise, I have no beef for those who want to not shift. I just like to shift and have a real neutral that I can easily invoke myself. Something that CVTs, ATs and DCTs dont do well.

But I digress...

Well I must assume not all CVTs function the same. What is in ours doesn't have pseudo paddle shifting, but does allow 7-speed shifting manually. No programmed gears here as it holds each gear as long as I want it to. Rev limiter is disabled while in manual mode.

Not to be too off-topic, but the only concern I would have with the CVTs is longevity. Of course only driving habits and time will tell on that one. So far, I have not one complaint with what I drive daily.

When I get a new car, I never let the dealer polish or do a PDI on it. I pull out my flex DA and throw on some quality polish glaze sealer and top it off with a nice wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back