Brake Rotor Recommendations for Dodge Stealth R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for rotor recommendations for a 94 Dodge Stealth R/T, which will be used for mid-street performance. This system has the floating caliper system, not the fixed type on the turbo. I want a rotor blank without slots or drilled. Pads being considered are Akebono Ultras or Raybestos AT.

After reading some reviews, many suggest to buy locally and not deal with mail-order returns, since quality is a "carp" shoot on most rotors. Locally I have Pep Boys Prostop(looks like a Bendix Rotor), Autozone Duralat (Bendix also), and Advance Wearever.

If there is a upgrade quality rotor available online that is around $50 range I am willing to take a chance. I found Raybestos Pro and Centric 120 have listed upgraded iron in their specs, but some reviews state the quality has slipped lately.

Last edited:
I suggest Mopar if available.

Even though it'd be dealer or online purchase, the extra hassle is well worth the quality. Zimmerman rotors were recommended to me a while back and seem to be of good quality and well liked as well.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
And the reason why you can't reuse the existing rotors is?

new front rotor is 30mm thick.

the spec to replace rotor is 28.4mm thick.

Rear is 20mm, with replacement at 18.4mm

Not much room for wear. Even if you turn them, you'll be hitting the replacement thickness anyway.

The rotors might be able to be re-used. The are a bit grooved and with no braking problems. I have not checked the thickness yet, but I assume they are within spec since they have not been turned - there is not a lot of margin on these rotors though.

I figure I would at least need to resurface with something like a 3M Roloc disk, which I am not sure how well it works. They cost about the price of one rotor . I guess it is a trade-off between time/$ and hassle of a new rotor problems

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: edge10

The rotors might be able to be re-used. The are a bit grooved and with no braking problems. I have not checked the thickness yet, but I assume they are within spec since they have not been turned - there is not a lot of margin on these rotors though.

I figure I would at least need to resurface with something like a 3M Roloc disk, which I am not sure how well it works. They cost about the price of one rotor . I guess it is a trade-off between time/$ and hassle of a new rotor problems

They make a Flex-Hone for rotors, I would try that personally.

https://www.amazon.com/Brush-Research-Flex-Hone-For-Rotors/dp/B007SOW0WC

Last edited:
The best rotors to get are Wagner E-Coated and Centric Premium.

Another good choice is EBC Premium rotors along with teh EBC pads of your choice that best suit your driving style. Autoanything has the best price on EBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back