Brake rotor decision "RANT"

Does anyone besides maybe NAPA even do that anymore?

Sadly, stock replacement-grade brake rotors are so inexpensive now it's not even worth having them cut anyway.
Oreilly does it here as well. $15 per rotor last I checked. I quit doing it when I could get new rotors so cheap. Lately though even normal common rotors are $70+ at the parts store, so if you don't have the time to order online I'd consider having some turned again.

They are out of spec. When checked. When I bought the 2013 Ford Edge 5 years ago the dealer pad slapped it and put it on the lot, rotors squeal like hell in the rain till they get warm.

Also check on walmart and home depot website, found it surprising that there's actually alot of auto parts sold on the walmart and home depot websites sometimes at lower prices than rockauto or amazon.

Also check on walmart and home depot website, found it surprising that there's actually alot of auto parts sold on the walmart and home depot websites sometimes at lower prices than rockauto or amazon.
Walmart "partners" with Advance Auto Parts for those kind of parts. Walmart also allows 3rd-party sellers to use their "marketplace" but I avoid those resellers 100% (same as on Amazon, when possible). Not sure about Home Depot though....

Oreilly does it here as well. $15 per rotor last I checked. I quit doing it when I could get new rotors so cheap.
Yeap, O'Reilly here still does them but even their employees will tell you that aftermarket rotors, their own included, can rarely be turned since they start out so thin or OEM rotors (some) can only be turned once or twice if you're super lucky.

Anyone who can't find slotted or drilled rotors, Frozen Rotors out of Burnsville MN sells custom 1 off rotors off their CNC machine. Call Mark, the owner, great guy and is great to work with. He helped me out on custom rotors on my Hyundai Kona AWD.

Anyone who can't find slotted or drilled rotors, Frozen Rotors out of Burnsville MN sells custom 1 off rotors off their CNC machine. Call Mark, the owner, great guy and is great to work with. He helped me out on custom rotors on my Hyundai Kona AWD.
I just checked he wants $159 a rotor, I can't do that living on social security.. but thank you just the same..

Walmart "partners" with Advance Auto Parts for those kind of parts. Walmart also allows 3rd-party sellers to use their "marketplace" but I avoid those resellers 100% (same as on Amazon, when possible). Not sure about Home Depot though....
I'm not sure what I'm going to get from them.. I guess Amazon could be hit and miss

Yes I do see that, Wagner's the fronts are $88 a piece, I don't know if that makes them any better or not. Durago I have never heard of. I've been out of the automotive field for over 10 years. Can't do much on a car anymore myself, maybe drop the fluids that's really about it.. something quick. Compromised breathing. But I have a guy on the side he supposed to do my brakes.. but obviously I want something that's going to hold up..

IMO they're all more or less the same. can't really go wrong with any of the below:

Screenshot_20211102-214446.jpg

If I went with the Durago rotors what would be a good matchup pad wise? Anybody have any recommendations?
Favorites around here are the Raybestos EHT pads and other than those, just stick with known brands and their "premium" grade pads. I have no idea how / why pads and rotors would be tied together as in a certain combination works better than other combinations.

Another option is eBay. These have a 10yr warranty. $110 and free shipping for 2 front rotors and premium ceramic pads.

Back